Greetings from Alaska

Started by Rata-tat-tat, May 23, 2008, 01:07:45 AM

Rata-tat-tat

Hello all,

I have been reading through the board and watching the videos for a couple of days now and I have to say... this site is awesome. I'm new to recording and have been playing in Rock bands in and around Alaska as a hobby for about the last 10 years. I've never been in anything very serious... just the bar band level. Since I've purchased this amazing little thing called the BR... I have found new inspiration. I now can record... I had tried it before, but could never acheive the sound this little unit could afford me. My bands have always shy'd away from studios and therefore we never got around to adding some original stuff to the set list. I love playing covers, but I have to tell ya... writing original material has inspired me all over again. I look forward to talking to everyone here. I can't offer much as of yet, but I'm one of those guys that likes to get creative. I am currently working on some original stuff, but haven't polished it enough to post. Soon... Very soon. Thanks for having me.

Here is a link to one of the bar bands I've been in...http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7210759

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

jkevinwolfe

Tod,

Welcome. Take your time with your stuff and don't feel the slightest bit of guilt about not posting. I have been here a few months and haven't posted any recordings either. I have found the Micro to be great for "recording practice". I do a lot of rerecording and arranging experiments thanks to the ease of use of the Micro.

And on the other hand, don't ever feel embarrassed about posting songs in primitive form. You'll find this group very helpful in gentle criticism and may even get some collaboration on your work.

Kevin

Oldrottenhead

hi tod and welcome onboard,if your working on anything dont be afraid to post rough cuts, you will find you get lots of positive constructive criticism to enable you to polish your songs, and im always on the look out for new collaborators.
cheers
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

Welcome Tod!

Hope to hear your original stuff soon, it sounds promising to me.  ;D

SteveG

Hi Tod, look forward to hearing your stuff!

Rata-tat-tat

Hey guys thanx a lot... and Kevin I am going to try your method of putting the BR over the drum kit to see what I get... Just need to find some time to do it. Summer is here in Alaska and I want to take in as much as I can.

I would love to post my raw stuff... as I am a drummer and often times can't come up with the bridges and changes that are normally brought out in the guitars. I can play guitar, but not well. I'm not a very solid vocalist but can play and sing at the same time. Right now I'm working with a three piece band... and I'm trying to strengthen my vocals to get as full a sound as possible. I like all kinds of music and am trying not to stick to one sound (I struggle with that one). So far my lyrics are pretty good, but I'm having problems with getting a powerful chorus together. As soon as I clean up the vocals a little on the last one I did I'll post it up... I look forward to your input.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

jkevinwolfe

Tod,

Your summers may be short, but you've got like 23 hours of sunlight. Just drink a lot of NOS and Jolt Cola and you'll have plenty of time. 
: )

Kevin

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Welcome Todd,
I'm sota new in br town myself, but I gotta tell ya - you've met up with a great bunch of folks. Very talanted, and very informed. Every day I learn more about navigating the br, as well as lots of inspirational ideas.
Happy tunes,
Spike

DaveO

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Focusrite
Scarlett 2i4
recorder
Ableton Live

Tonight tequila.....tomorrow we ride!