Hello - newbie here!

Started by wrax, July 15, 2009, 05:57:42 PM

wrax

Greetings, Boss BR users.  I'm Tony (wrax) from near Bristol and I'm just dabbling in the world of home recording.  I've bought a Micro BR which for the price has some lovely features.  My main problem is despite the number of times I have read (and re-read) the manual, I cannot work out how on earth I can capture all four tracks, convert them to a song and then copy it across to my PC.  I am being thick, I'm sure but there must be a way.  Any advice gratefully received.

wrax

Right, scrap that request.  If I'd spent a few minutes browsing the forum before asking my question I would have found the wonderfully helpful video explaining exactly what to do!  What a great forum.  Thanks.

cuthbert

Welcome, wrax, from a fellow noob...

You will find much to learn and appreciate here...I know that I have in just the short few days since I registered. And such a talented lot on board!  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveB

WRX - Welcome to possibly the best Forum on the Internet. Prepare yourself for a loooong stay!! And don't forget, NO question is too dumb!  :)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Greeny

Don't be worried by the learning curve - it doesn't last very long. Get a song under your belt as soon as possible (using the step-by-step tutorials on here), and within a couple of weeks it'll all be second nature to you. Welcome aboard - you're sure to have fun!

Bro

Hey tony! Welcome from denmark!

Lets hear some recordings! Don't be shy now :) This place is great!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Flash Harry

hello from Leeds, and yes, do what Greeny suggests.

Welcome to the board.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

London calling.....

Welcome from osckilo!

Cant wait to hear your first Tune!!

Joined in march and really didn't have a clue....

Not much better now but I feel compleled to write songs...

This is a great Forum! Quite addictive!

Enjoy your "stay"!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

BossMicroBRew

Hello wrax! Welcome to the most addicting website of the modern day.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton