Leap Of Faith by BerryPatch

Started by BerryPatch, April 17, 2024, 08:36:47 PM

BerryPatch

Leap Of Faith — MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was away from this site for a while and not recording anything but I'm back at it again :). This song was kind of inspired by the band Teenage Fanclub which I've been digging as of late. I ran out of words so I got the last minute idea to throw in an organ solo ;). On this recording, I just used pedals to record the guitar parts with no amp. I'm very pleased with how it sounds because micing amps all the time can be a total pain in the butt. I can't wait to get back into the site and listen to the new songs being posted up! Enjoy...

Grestch Electromatic Hollowbody
Hagstrom Impala
Epiphone Embassy bass
Vtines electric piano app
Garageband organ and drums
Joyo AC Tone Pedal
Strymon Deco Pedal
Mixed on Garageband

I saw you yesterday
There's not much for me to say
Though far apart, we could always make it shine 

And now we face ourselves
Too much could cause us hell
Though for a moment I was feeling fine

I must admit I screwed it up
But I can change from what I was
This moment can not go to waste

I'm taking a leap of faith
Taking a leap of faith
Wouldn't start much too late
But I can't wait longer
And I'd wait forever

I know it isn't right
But I can't stay the night anymore
I must return, but you won't leave my mind just like before

Though if I could say my words to you
Would you still feel same way too?
It doesn't have to be this way
But you know it's never worth a shame

Taking a leap of faith
But I can't wait longer
And I'd wait forever

Taking a leap of faith
But I can't wait longer
And I'd wait forever

Make me wait, I know
I just can't fake it anymore

karl1171

I'm not familiar with Teenage Fanclub's songs, I like this though. Vocals really good and well produced and played. Organ is a nice idea. Guitar sounds just fine to me :)

Ron D Bowes

Pleasant piece. Nicely put together. I like the layered vox on the chorus. Keyboard is a nice touch.

StephenM

another happy and free spirited pop rock tune that you are so flippin fantastic at... a really nice mix on this... and the organ and guitar sound amazing together... lots of people don't like organ but I love it..

vocally way up there... lovely backers.  This brings a huge sigh of relief to my mind and a huge smile... I doubt you could do better than that!

"because micing amps all the time can be a total pain in the butt."  more or less DI works well in recording imo... you are going to usually eq anyway so you can make the freq spectrum more how you want it... also sometimes I use plug ins that will completely change the amp sounds anyway... If I were going to do the micing amps thing (I have miced up for bass a few times) I would want to leave everything set up to make it easy... and you have to have the correct mic stands to do it too...
I know a guy who is a big time pro, plays for hundreds to thousands of people, has done USO tours etc and he doesn't use an amp anymore live... he uses his line 6 helix... sounds amazing and lots of goodies during his 2 hour shows...and he never fiddles much with it.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

cuthbert

A sunny, and yet slightly sad soft-rock style is on display here. This pulls me right back to the mid-Seventies, listening to songs of a similar style on a multiband Philips console radio that my cousin from the Netherlands gave me. The nostalgia runs strong...

Everything sounds perfectly performed and well-placed in the mix. Love it!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ray Brookes

Nice to have you back here young Mr.Berry and a very nice song to return with. Cool melodies and production with a slight McCartney feel to my ears. Great track.
Ray Brookes

SE

Have got a feeling that you might be too good for us, your work is just excellent with great production.
Get it on utube.I watch Josh Turner lots and have seen him live, your imo are in that category!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

Quote from: SE on April 18, 2024, 03:36:08 PMHave got a feeling that you might be too good for us, your work is just excellent with great production.
Get it on utube.I watch Josh Turner lots and have seen him live, your imo are in that category!

I agree... way way up there.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Good to have you back great vocal....good track to come back with

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

maxit

The sound is fantastic, but it s a great song above all. What the hell backvocals alone are amazing!
recorder
Audacity