I'm a king bee (me also)

Started by Jean Pierre, February 01, 2024, 08:31:07 AM

Jean Pierre

I M A KING BEE RENDER MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was delighted to listen again to the 2014 version of I'm a king bee by Rev, Dobrodaddy and Tim on harmonica.

a wonderful version

...I thought to myself, I'm going to do it....and then, looking at my jukebox, I realized that I'd done it in 2020!

The great thing about the SC jukebox is that it makes a great personal archiving tool, and this piece, for example, had disappeared due to a broken hard disk
 so I took my MP3 and reworked it 2024-style with other mixing and mastering plug-ins, and added an huitare and a tambourine.

it's a song that deserves a new release, I love it...I think it's one of the first blues I heard in 1957 by Slim Harpo (later covered by the Stones in 1964)

I dedicate this reissue to my friend Tim, ...I don't know if he'd heard it when I published it in 2020  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq5pH6LXBZI
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

TPB

Thank you brother I love me some blues great harp and dobro vocal is right on
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

the physics teacher

c'est une superbe interprétation JP

Corné
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

StephenM

c'est de la cuisine au gaz JP... ce qui signifie que vous fumez sur celui-ci... j'adore aussi l'harmonica...

this is cooking with gas JP... meaning you are smokin on this one... love the harmonica too...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

Merci les gaz, euh non les gars

..then I'd do Little Red Rooster, a song in the same vein,..our band when I was a teenager was called the Red Roosters ;D
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Zoltan

JP is a force of nature. You've got the blues yet it doesn't sound like you're living in a shed.

This one is quite happy sounding and you're not really marking your territory as much as the lyrics might suggest.

But i think it just proves the point. You're holding your ground and don't really need to shout it out loud anymore.

A disclaimer. Google translate might not once again make much sense of this. Which usually happens with my weird ramblings :)

The short comment is. JP you're doing it good! Good one :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jean Pierre

QuoteWhich usually happens with my weird rambling

Thank you Zoltan, I love your weird rambling

Quoteyet it doesn't sound like you're living in a shed.

No, my housec is quite pleasant in the countryside (a beautiful countryside, with mountains and lake) ...unfortunately my wife locks me in the attic (with all my instruments) practically all the time...

Quoteas the lyrics might suggest
don't worry, most of the time i don't understand the meaning of the lyrics of the anglo saxon and american songs i sing! since the 60's when i was in high school and when the rock n roll then pop rock wave swept through france, we sang these anglo saxon and american songs because we loved the music above all. ...most of the time we sang them in what we call "Yogourt" in French, i.e. a purely phonetic (and approximate) version of the lyrics...and besides, we didn't give a damn about the music alone!

It has to be said that our level of spoken English was very low, and we didn't have the internet and the ease of access to lyrics that we now have via the internet.
"
with my teenage band (called The red Rooster, by the way), we sang this song for years without understanding its meaning, or rather its double meaning and sexual connotations. ;D  ;D  ;D

PS je vais bientot reprendre cette chanson little red rooster de Willie Dixon ;)

Pete C

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800