Merry Christmas Blues, Tribute to BB KING

Started by Jean Pierre, November 28, 2023, 01:36:00 AM

Jean Pierre

MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY VERSION LIKE BBK RENDER mp3-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
YuleFest (banner image missing)

In the '65s, when I was discovering guitar, there weren't many blues references available in France: Memphis Slim, Ray Charles, and the three Kings (Freddie, Albert and BBK).

it was with BBking that I discovered Chicago blues, with his incredible way of rotating the 5 notes of the pentatonic scale.

here's a Christmas song that should please Santa Claus

Ah yes...in this cover I play all instruments except the harmonica, which is played by TJ Klay, a Nashville harmonica player (via BIAB), so this is a modest tribute to this formidable harmonica player.

here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUWXnaRO_Z8&t=21s

..et je suis content d'inaugurer la session 2023 du YuleFest ...BONNE FETE DE NOEL A TOUS
=~~~  }-)  =oO2  =oO1  *=)  .~i~.  !@011  ;oOo;  #)  *J}

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

TPB

I have everything BB king has ever recorded and saw him many times, back in the day he came to our school and played a set to demonstrate blues playing. Vibrato on his notes were always impressive and show what a good musician could do with the correct phrasing and a few good notes.
Bravo Brother loving it
Tim
Play them Bloooze
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

JP... bravo....

des trucs mortels... vraiment bons.

JP... bravo....

killer stuff... wicked good.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

You've got the happy blues. That elusive beast that lurks in plain sight. In the playing of those men who wear fancy clothes, drink quality hooch and get all the painted ladies.

That's how you sound here JP!

I'm sure when you'll wake up you'll apologize...

:) This is cool!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jean Pierre

Zoltan...  :)  you always have surprising remarks

Is it my poor understanding of English, but I confess I understand very well:
[you've got the happy blues[/quote]

and ...
Quotethis is cool

but your sentence

QuoteIn the playing of those men who wear fancy clothes, drink quality hooch and get all the painted ladies.

deserves a little explanation for me  ;D
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

StephenM

Quote from: Jean Pierre on November 29, 2023, 12:41:58 AM
QuoteIn the playing of those men who wear fancy clothes, drink quality hooch and get all the painted ladies.

P, c'était un compliment car votre jeu et votre chant rappellent le genre d'hommes qui attirent les femmes de grande classe. Je pense que c'est en quelque sorte le cas.

JP this was a compliment as your playing and singing reminds of the kind of men that get the high class women.  I think this sort of hits it.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

Oh this is excellent jp. One of your best in my humble opinion.

I think playing everything yourself gives it that little extra that a machine can't.

Well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

the physics teacher

Djeez JP this is so cool both vocals and instruments I can't get my head still it must swing.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Bluesberry

There we go........yes, love this to the moon and back.........great...great.......great BB King inspired playing ...super sublime....and harmonica too

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jean Pierre

Merci les gars, oui cette chanson est pratiquement un standard

Wiki
Quote"Merry Christmas Baby" is an R&B Christmas standard credited to Lou Baxter and Johnny Moore. In 1947, Johnny Moore's Three Blazers recorded the tune, featuring vocals and piano by Charles Brown. Subsequently, many performers have recorded renditions of the song, including Chuck Berry, James Brown, Ike & Tina Turner, Otis Redding, B.B. King, Elvis Presley, Bruce Springsteen, Christina Aguilera, and Melissa Etheridge.Eric Clapton et Cheryl Crow, Rod Stewart , JP  ;D  (....)incomplete list, to complete

I'm putting the lyrics here, as always in blues, the words are almost always the same, to sing God and then love (and then Noel).

Merry Christmas baby
Babe you sure did treat me nice
Yeah! Merry Merry Merry Christmas baby
Babe you sure did treat me nice
Gave me a diamond ring for Christmas
And now I'm living in paradise

Oh! I'm feeling mighty fine this morning
I've got good music on my radio
Hey baby, I'm feeling mighty fine
I would love to hug and kiss you baby
While you're standing beneath the mistletoe

Santa came down the chimney
About half past three
He got all of these presents that you'll use
See, I'll help you put on these

Merry Merry Merry Christmas baby
Oh! You sure been good to me
I haven't had a drink this evenin' baby
But I'm all lit up like a Christmas tree

Hey! Merry Merry Merry Christmas baby
I said, Merry Merry Merry Christmas baby
I would love to hug and kiss you baby
While you're standing beneath the mistletoe
https://lyricstranslate.com