A Day In A Life; Beatles, vocal version

Started by Jean Pierre, November 15, 2023, 02:07:25 AM

Jean Pierre

A DAY IN A LIFE vocal version-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
a few days ago I did an instrumental version of Day in a Life with my dobro guitar
Stephen commented
Quote"but actually I would like a version with the entire vocal...lol.. you sound great on this."

I thought I'd go for it! ..underestimating the scale of the challenge! it's a song (actually 2 songs stuck together (see the history of Day in a Life on wikipedia...) with a symphonic orchestral part that's a bit cacophonous...

Really not easy 21 tracks on Reaper, my computer nearly exploded!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

J'ai entendu ça il y a un mois ou deux et j'ai été fasciné par le fait qu'il semblait que 2 chansons se jouaient en même temps... J'aime la bizarrerie, et les Beatles pourraient être très bizarres. Je pense que votre voix s'intègre très bien dans ce JP et en plus, il semblait que la chanson en avait besoin... et pour moi, cela rend la section centrale avec le tour encore plus puissante ! La fin du chourus sonne génialement !

Je dirais bravo et je m'inclinerais !

I heard this a month or two ago and I was mesmerized by the fact it seemed like 2 songs going on at the same time... I like weirdness, and the Beatles could be very weird.  I do think your voice fits very well on this JP plus it just seemed like the song needed it.. and for me it makes that middle section with the lap that much more potent!  The chourus ending is brilliant sounding!

I would say bravo and take a bow!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

Well done JP

I do like your arrangement, true to the original but still all you.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

TPB

Very nice brother and a real tough one to pull off but you have done a outstanding job on it
Bravo
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

Thank you guys

the bar was high and I don't think I'll be doing a cover with so many tracks and instruments any time soon...it's a pain to set up...and my computer and sound card don't appreciate doing so much work at once ;D
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Zoltan

This is great!

And JP you could always render to stems :) Then you could use endless amount of tracks without your computer exploding.

Some of the sounds are so far out that i started to wonder whether you'd eaten a piece of moldy baquette! Ah l'horreur !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jean Pierre

Thank you Zoltan

QuoteAnd JP you could always render to stems
Stems?? I didn't know what the term meant or what it contained...
Interesting, I found it:
https://www.epidemicsound.com/blog/what-are-stems-in-music-production/#what-are-stems

Quoteyou'd eaten a piece of moldy baquette!

but I don't know what a baquette is
 ;D  ;D  ;D

Zoltan

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jean Pierre

Ah OK...mais c'est BAGUETTE, avec un G ;D  ;D  ;D