I'm On Fire (a totally different version)

Started by StephenM, September 04, 2023, 02:06:41 PM

StephenM

I'm On Fire (New Version) best mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
ok, so it ain't a Fender but it is a strat and for 60 bucks and an adjustment or two from David Kennedy and I got a really great guitar.

Zoltan suggested I try out a free waves plug in... so I got a free subscription for a week to the whole thing (and I am going to continue it at a reasonable price per month).  First off I love the plug ins.... I know some here have been using CLA's (Chris Lord-Alge).  I have them tied in with Audacity. 

So the strat has some stuff off waves

and the bass has some stuff off waves

drums came from and the whole version came from me trying to get a track to work with on this song for my digitech trio.  I decided to use this drums from it.  I tripled the single mono track and set up a CLA for each one... made them kick, snare, and room... adjusted effects to suit taste on each one...

Vocals similar stuff.... just trying out things on the WAVES platform... another wonderful place to hang out! 

by the time I did the vocals on this I had sang this around 50 times and quite a few times live.  So now I can hear it in my head and work on it there...lol... I might not ever do another song again but try and see how many ways I could do this......lolI'm On Fire (New Version) best mix.mp3

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Well, finally emerged from the synth rabbit hole I disappeared into in July. I've listened to both your versions of this song and really enjoyed both. I think I  prefer this second version as I like the way the drums drive it along and that cool guitar. Great job on both !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Great job on both. This one has a great energy and is a real toe tapper.

I went and listened to the Bananarama version off of one of their uncharted later albums for context

There's scope for an I'm on Fire fest, there's dozens of songs with that name.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

StephenM

Quote from: ODH on September 04, 2023, 11:49:44 PMGreat job on both. This one has a great energy and is a real toe tapper.

I went and listened to the Bananarama version off of one of their uncharted later albums for context

There's scope for an I'm on Fire fest, there's dozens of songs with that name.

great idea!  I love it

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

loving the guitar placement sitting nicely behind the vocal great job on this Steve

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

des0free

I've listened to this a few times now. I recognize the song, and see you put your own unique spin on it which is coo. The highlight for me on this is your vocals are especially great - everything about them - performance, pitch, and production!  Guitar playing is great too!

so wait, there are three different "I'm on fire" songs on the covers board right now - interesting!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

I've listened to both of these I'm On Fires several times from the day they were posted.

I've started to comment at least FOUR TIMES and everytime i've given up! That's not because of the song, or the performances. I've just been stuck with the words.

Your vocals have started to sound so comfortable. It's easy to hear that you're happy inside your skin! Better be... Otherwise you might get cold :D

It's also clear that you didn't get the memo that everything coming from 80's band done later than 80's is automatically pants. Shame on you for listening with your ears and digging a fairly recent Banamarama song! :D

Both of these version have their own vibe and work as separate pieces of music. They're so different that it's almost like they were a different song.

Great stuff!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper