Age of Consent - New Order - 1983

Started by ODH, May 03, 2023, 01:31:19 PM

ODH

Age of Consent copy
Time:
0:00
Volume:
1983Fest (banner image missing)

I was in Salford University through much of the early-to-middle part of the'80s and a sometimes visitor to the Hacienda. So New Order are kind of woven into my fabric.

This is one of my favourite songs off of Power, Corruption and Lies. I've done a fairly faithful cover although I added a made-up indie 12" remix style extras bit towards the end, hopefully in keeping with the feel of that legendary venue.

Everything is native GarageBand here. The guitar and bass tracks were originally guides but I got quite OCD with them. I couldn't reach some of the higher notes and had to drop an octave in places.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Farrell Jackson

I don't know this song Nick but it sure does sound good. That's some fine vocal work. It's all a great listen...that ending is killer!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

BerryPatch

Great work Nick! I'm not too familiar with New Order outside of Blue Monday, (I was considering covering that one!) but this sounds excellent. Nice arrangement here and a very cool vocal!

Mike_S

Very good Nick, very authentic eighties sound. I might check out more of New Order as I don't know a lot by them. I was mainly stuck in my metal phase at that point. Your vocal is perfect for this. Great tune, very well done.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

This sounds perfect...I was never much into these kind of bands at the time........these guys were pretty cool with an interesting back story to say the least.....great cover, I enjoyed this

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

Aye! I wasn't a New Order fan but several friends were so I was exposed to more than I realized. You've got a good take on the song. Highlighting those hi-hats really brings out that vibe that seemed more understated in the original.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

ODH

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on May 05, 2023, 06:14:08 AMHighlighting those hi-hats really brings out that vibe that seemed more understated in the original.

I am aware that my aging ears are not as good as they were (concerts and loud music) and I probably over-boost high frequencies to compensate.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

A truly excellent cover Nick, I've listened to this umpteen times over the last few days. Really captures that New Order feeling and took me right back to the 80's. Fantastic !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ron D Bowes

Cool cover. Vocals sound so right. Well done!