Welcome to the “48 All Stars”......(NEW UPDATE 01/01/2010)

Started by The Reverend 48, June 12, 2009, 12:53:27 AM

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

ORH, what a surprise and well done indeed!! Some nice bends going on there, a really good feel and well in time with the backer. My only criticism - more guitar in the mix please!!!

Great to hear another recruit to the All Stars, looking forward to hearing more prgression from everyone.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Sprocket

I really like all of the feeling OldRottenHead brought to this track, Id like to think I could hear his actual singing voice through his guitar playing. I even thought your playing sounded like you were well at ease doing so...like the multiple repeat hammer ons, worked splendidly because of this...whereas I felt alot like I had to constantly be moving or playing different notes and never at ease doing so.

SteveG

Guys, you all sound great!!! Amazing how far you have all come in such a short time, must be one hell of a teacher  ;D

Tempted to sign up myself, I could do with a good boot in the butt to get me practising again, been playing the same 5 notes for about  .... ummm ..... quite a few years  ::)

SteveG

Tell you what. I am not a beginner, but hardly accomplished either, and I find it very difficult to motivate myself to make time to practice and learn, rather than play and jam  ::)

This is my part of a video jam I did on another site a year or so ago. Should give you an idea of where I am at. (Note the bloopers Wiley  ;D)

I only really use minor pent, go to major now and then but not for long 'cos I get all confused...

Think you can help me move on?

Dammit, cant upload a vid. Will have to give the link to the completed vid, worth watching for inspiration, some fine players, they only put me in to drag the average down  :'(

I am the good looking one with the SG.

Tony W

SteveG,

My good ear has been telling me that I'm the only beginner in the class. I've owned a guitar for 8 years, and spent a total of 6 months playing it. I have taken lessons on two separate occasions. I grew weary of practicing and sounding like crap on way too many occasions. I don't have the problem anymore, I've got an itch that I can't scratch enough.

6 weeks ago, I couldn't play a scale. I was really hesitant to attempt lessons from Mike, but I'll never regret it. I can't get enough of my guitar now, I play every day. The lessons are simple to understand, yet challenging enough to make you want to practice. You'll get easy to understand scales, as much theory as you want, then my favorite the backers to play along to. You'll play by feel, its not like trying to memorize tab or anything else.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveG

Hey Tony  :)

I guess I have been an intermediate bluesman for a hell of a long time. I know the scales, I understand the theory a bit, I can knock out a decent enough solo, but I am not moving on at all :( Never had lessons, and though I have piles on instructional stuff I just watch / read it, think "Yeah, I will work through that later", and never do.
Need someone to set me targets basically, I need motivation to make the time to work on new things.

The Reverend 48

Quote from: SteveG on July 30, 2009, 03:23:17 AMHey Tony  :)

I guess I have been an intermediate bluesman for a hell of a long time. I know the scales, I understand the theory a bit, I can knock out a decent enough solo, but I am not moving on at all :( Never had lessons, and though I have piles on instructional stuff I just watch / read it, think "Yeah, I will work through that later", and never do.
Need someone to set me targets basically, I need motivation to make the time to work on new things.

They don't call me the motivator for nothing ;D ;D

Quote from: SteveG on July 29, 2009, 08:00:20 PM48......

Tell you what. I am not a beginner, but hardly accomplished either, and I find it very difficult to motivate myself to make time to practice and learn, rather than play and jam  ::)

This is my part of a video jam I did on another site a year or so ago. Should give you an idea of where I am at. (Note the bloopers Wiley  ;D)

I only really use minor pent, go to major now and then but not for long 'cos I get all confused...

Think you can help me move on?

Steve, When I heard you play I thought no way  :o
but on reflection we are dealing with Improvisation so I think the stuff may help you especially when every module/ is over some cool backers 8)
First off see if you enjoy our little test here :D
https://songcrafters.org/community/general-discussion-b8/can-you-pass-the-%27all-stars-%27test/0/
Can we carry on this in the new thread please so as to allow the next all star to step up to the plate here ;)

Wiley

OK I got to grow my hair long again so I can shake it like that!  LOL but then I could shave it to be more like you!l LOL but I know I could never play left handed.  Have a hard enough time right handed. LOL I am so in awe STeveG I didn't hear any bloopers. LOL God my computer is so slow. Took 20 minutes to listen to a six minute song. LOL

The Reverend 48

L3 SG
Time:
0:00
Volume:
We have a treat today 2 bluesmen fired their take in today

First we have SteveG
Massive Kudos for "pimping" his already great playing........