New Monitors - Adam Audio T7V

Started by Ferryman, August 12, 2020, 09:59:54 AM

Ferryman

Just bought some new monitors and they are awesome. I've used M-Audio in the past which are pretty good value but decided I needed a step up as I am going to spend more time making music in retirement. After reading lots of reviews, Adam Audio T-series seemed to be a big step up but not in price. Adam Audio do some very impressive "pro" stuff at around £1,000 a pair and some of the tech in these speakers is used in the T-series, which are more in the budget range. I got a pair of T7Vs for just over £300 for the pair and they are superb, a big improvement over what I had before.

So if you are in the market for really high quality monitors at a reasonable price I can highly recommend these.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Very interesting.  I've been eyeing these up myself.   I've entered a couple of competitions with Adam to win some of their monitors,  but not surprisingly I haven't won. 

Flash Harry

I have always been impressed by the Adam's reproduction, less so by the eye-watering costs, interesting that these are now in the few hundreds of pounds rather than the few thousands of pounds.

I will have to check them out. I'm reasonably happy with my Alesis monitor ones, but you never know..

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Been using them for a couple of days now and really loving them. I was thinking of going to KRKs from the M-Audio as they seem to be very popular with many home recording types, but the reviews seemed to say they colour the sound while the majority raved about the Adam monitors.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

I know this is an old thread but not that old...so I was wondering Nigel, do you use these monitors as your mix down speakers?  I primarily record with headphones and even mix alot that way although I generally listen through many different speaker arrangements before settling on a mix.  I am reading through that recording manual that appeared in one of these threads and I need to rethink going to some small studio monitors for mixing down that are more accurate....I have kind of calibrated my ears with headphones so I can get fairly good mixes but I think I can make this better...
I got a kick out of seeing that you will be spending more time working on music in retirement....looking at your juke box you are a busy man with music...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman

Steve, studio monitors (not PC speakers or hifi speakers) are best for mixing and mastering. If you get reasonable quality ones they give a very accurate representation of the sound. Headphones will mask and/or accentuate certain frequencies and also give you a different impression of the stereo image. However, you can get good results with headphones, especially if you get some reference headphones (I use AKG K702 which are quite highly recommended) and then compare mixes on different speakers. You don't seem to be doing too bad!

I use studio monitors because I wear hearing aids (playing in bands damaged my hearing  :'() and so if I wear headphones, I lose a lot of the high frequencies. So I have to do my mixing and mastering using monitors anyway.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR