how to update software for boss micro br recorder

Started by robhart, April 08, 2020, 12:16:39 AM

how can I update the software for a micro br recorder

Greeny

Erm... as it's discontinued and no longer in production, I don't think there will ever be any software updates.

I don't even think there ever were any. They just brought out the MBR-80 as a revamped version of the original MBR.

What's the specific problem you're trying to fix? We have tried pretty much everything you can do with the MBR, so will have all kinds of hints and tips to help.

It still does everything I want / need.

Greeny

64 Guitars is the omnipotent god of these kind of questions though...

Oldrottenhead

the last firmware update for the original microbr was 1.04 and was only available at the roland german site, but the link is now dead.
however 64guitars has attached file here. https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=3553.msg272867#msg272867 worth reading before updating.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

I don't believe that any new features were ever added to the Micro BR in the updates. They only fix some compatibility problems with certain SD cards. If you're not having any problems with your SD cards, then you might be better off skipping the update as there will be no benefit for you and you risk bricking your Micro BR if something goes wrong during the update.

See this topic:  https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=3553.0

It's been over 10 years since the Micro BR was last updated (ver. 1.04), so there's a good chance that you already have the latest. To find out which version is currently in your Micro BR, turn the power on while holding down the CURSOR < and > buttons. The version number will appear in the display. To resume using your Micro BR, turn it off, wait a couple of seconds, then turn it back on.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website