Vote for the Sep/Oct 2019 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, August 24, 2019, 01:41:23 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next Originals festival which will run from September 1 to October 31. Voting starts now and runs for 6 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Friday, August 30th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Covers" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• Bawdy Songs - See this Wikipedia page. And check out Oscar Brand and Ivor Biggun on YouTube.
  • Rain Songs - Songs about rain, rainy days, storms, floods, etc.
  • Planes, Trains and Automobiles - Songs about travel.
  • Imagined Places - e.g. Heaven, Hell, Xanadu etc.
  • Songs that don't rhyme - Songs with lyrics that don't rhyme.
  • BrexitFest - Songs about self delusional racists. 😂
  • TearFest - See this message.
  • Original Country & Western Fest 2 - Write an original country & western song - no covers for this one. See the jukebox for our first Original Country & Western Fest in 2015.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Romidon

Hopefully, sometime in the future, 'Bawdy Songs' will become a choice in the 'Covers' category.   As you can see with the links given by 64Guitars there's lots of cool material out there....  :)

romidon.

Oldrottenhead

"Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description."

so if Bawdy songs wins this vote you can do both covers or originals.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Yeah, but I want it in cover fest also...I don't want to write them. We'll see, I was thinking about covering the whole album I picked up if it wins.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Romidon

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 24, 2019, 01:41:23 PM...Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description...

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on August 25, 2019, 08:30:30 AM"Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description."

so if Bawdy songs wins this vote you can do both covers or originals.

Ahhhhh...

I didn't even notice that stipulation (much less even understood it) in 64Guitars initial post until you pointed it out.  Thanks orh for bringing it to our attention and for the clarification.   :)

romidon.   (Vote 'Bawdy', vote 'Bawdy'!!)  >:D

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track