No vote for the Jul/Aug 2019 "Covers" festival - It's Woodstock 50!

Started by 64Guitars, June 22, 2019, 02:06:20 PM

64Guitars

August 15th, 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the original Woodstock festival which was held August 15-18, 1969. In recognition of the 50th anniversary of this historic event, the admin team has decided to make Woodstock 50 the theme of our July/August covers fest. So there will be no poll for the covers fest this time, though there will be a poll for the originals fest.

For Woodstock 50, you can cover any song that was performed at the original festival, or any song that's about the original festival (Joni Mitchell's "Woodstock", for example).

Ten years ago, we celebrated the 40th anniversary of Woodstock with one of our first festivals. Check it out for inspiration:

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=festival;sa=woodstock

Also, see this page for a complete list of all of the songs and performers:

https://woodstock.fandom.com/wiki/Setlist

I hope everyone will get into the woodstock spirit and contribute a cover (or several) to this special festival.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Jean Pierre

the forgotten of Woodstock

I just watched the complete list set from woodstock... it's amazing how much I "skipped" many of the singers and bands that performed there
I think that like me you have a "selective memory" and you undoubtedly remember only some of the group singers of this historic festival

personally I only remembered Jimmy Hendricks, CSNY, Joe Cooker, Creedence, Richie heavens, Country Joe Mc Donald, Cannes Heat ...that is 8/32! it's not much

other that I like very much now, I completely "zapped" them then, like ArloGuthrie

What about you?

Maybe I'll try to "pick" from the repertoire of one of them that I completely forgot.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Pete C

I'd just had my 9th birthday when Woodstock took place so I have no memories of it -  just what I've seen since on TV and internet. Before seeing the set list the only act I remember would be Hendrix. Interesting to see who played there !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

I thought it was just Hendrix who played Woodstock :-)
Was surprised to see The Who playing.
Just goes to show what I know.

recorder
Boss BR-1600