Vote for the Mar/Apr 2017 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, February 23, 2017, 11:10:56 AM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from March 1 to April 30. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on February 28th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Covers" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• PoorFest - Songs about poverty, being broke, etc.

• GasFest - Songs about Gear Acquisition Syndrome or any other meaning of the word "gas" (petrol, burp/fart, etc.)

• Nice songs - fey, bland and inoffensive songs that try to offend no one. well maybes except people that don't like nice songs.

• offensive songs - songs that are deliberately provocative.

• One-chord songs - Songs with only one chord.

• Redneck Fest - Songs from redneck country.

• Too much to do, no time to do it - Songs about lack of time and having too much to do.

• Bored Fest - Songs about boredom.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

So if it were offensive songs could I make an alternate persona member? Would you notice? 64 would probably with ip address. I have many great ideas but don't particularly want them associated directly with me.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on February 24, 2017, 07:17:57 AMSo if it were offensive songs could I make an alternate persona member? Would you notice? 64 would probably with ip address. I have many great ideas but don't particularly want them associated directly with me.

Sorry. Multiple accounts aren't allowed. And yes, we can tell by IP addresses.

You can change your display name in your profile. However, that affects all of your posts, not just the new ones.

You can always use a pseudonym in the subject and within your message. For example, in the [song] tag you could say "by Butch Sewermouth" or whatever. We'll use your pseudonym for the festival jukebox so that any songs in the jukebox will be credited to "Butch Sewermouth" instead of "Hook". But you can't change who posted the song, so it will still be credited to "Hook" in the automatic jukeboxes (Latest Songs, On This Day, Overlooked Gems) and your personal jukebox. You could also include a disclaimer in your message saying that it's just a bit of fun and that the lyrics don't reflect your personal view.

I do have a means by which I can exclude certain songs from your personal jukebox. Currently, it's a manual process. You have to send me a PM telling me which song you want excluded. If OffensiveSongs wins the vote, I might consider providing an easy way for you to exclude songs yourself by checking a box in your song post. That way, you could have your "Butch Sewermouth" songs in the OffensiveSongs jukebox, but they wouldn't be included in your personal jukebox.

Finally, you can change your avatar for the duration of the festival. I always make copies of the current avatars for each festival jukebox. So if you later change your avatar again, the festival jukebox will still have the avatar you were using during the festival.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Thanks for the response 64, since it's not looking close it doesn't matter now. None of those options feel distant enough to separate the horrible, terrible, miserably offensive stuff floating around my head from me and my other selves. I have one more work around identity involvement but will save that inquiry for when it might be applicable.
Rock on in a one chord kinda way!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Voting closed. The winner is...

OneChord (banner image missing)