All who own or tried the BR-800's

Started by Mach, November 29, 2016, 09:41:52 PM

Hook

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on December 04, 2016, 04:29:02 PMNext time I get a kettle it better have USB.

Either a kettle is something completely different in Scotland or you my good sir are very drunk! I love drunk James.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mach

Quote from: Blooby on December 04, 2016, 10:25:44 AMSince I don't have any jams in the foreseeable future, you could certainly borrow the unit for a while. We could either meet half way, or I am picking up somebody at the JAX Airport on Xmas afternoon, and I could drop it off. Let me know.

Blooby

Hey Blooby thanks for the generous offer that is really cool man, I appreciate it. But I am now the proud owner of practically a brand spankin' new DP32SD with JBL monitors and cables thrown in. This thing has really never been used and the card has nothing on it except a demo song, I am guessing it's on the card and from Tascam. The guy who had it didn't know how it worked, so I scanned through the manual on a few pages to get an idea just to make sure that it did work and I had sound going in and coming out within minutes. I even got it for less than he was asking.

I don't have a need for a CD burner either, never really have, but MIDI ports would be a plus to sync up with Pro Tools. However, there is always more than one way to skin a cat.  ;)
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

That's so badass...I wonder if I need those extra 8 tracks??
Congrats to both of you on the new boards. Shit is so much fun to buy!
ROCK ON!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

Quote from: Hook on December 04, 2016, 07:34:47 PMI wonder if I need those extra 8 tracks??

That response is so you. I guess it's me as well.

pjd1

I read this article with interest I have a Br 800 ,BR 8 , and a micro , and for about a year know I have thought about upgrading , but not much has evolved with Stand alone recorders at least on the BOSS side of things , I have kept some money aside for the "new" do it all recorder with better and faster processing and usability but as we all know the market seems to have dropped and disappeared , then I discovered the Tascam line and thought , this is it, this is the way forward !!! but no drums , ok I could get round that with buying a dedicated recorder , or use the Boss 800 software etc , but I would still use the 800 , so whats the point !! I could use the CD burner , but I could use my PC for that as to, i love the look and feel of the DP 24, but is it worth the extra couple of quid ?

My happy dilemma continues

Paul 
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Mach

Quote from: pjd1 on December 05, 2016, 12:42:37 PMi love the look and feel of the DP 24, but is it worth the extra couple of quid ?

My happy dilemma continues

Paul 

I was in the same dilemma but found a deal I couldn't pass up with the DP32SD.
See if you can locate one used on craigslist or something.
I have just sat and looked at mine so far, it's so purdy I don't wanna mess it up.
I wanna touch it (in the proper way of course).  :D

Blooby congrats on your find also. These machines are very nice now I just have
to learn how to use it (in the proper way of course).
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Ha love it Mach you will have to let me know how you get and share your experiences with your new toy , ( in the proper way of course )
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Hook on December 04, 2016, 05:46:07 PM
Quote from: Oldrottenhead on December 04, 2016, 04:29:02 PMNext time I get a kettle it better have USB.

Either a kettle is something completely different in Scotland or you my good sir are very drunk! I love drunk James.
Rock on!
I have no recollection of this post.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely