Checking OUT from Holland

Started by SdC, April 29, 2009, 02:16:42 PM

SdC

Hi all,
I'm Sander, have been playing guitar as a hobby since I was 12 (=1982). Bought my first 4track porta in 1989, a Fostex. Boy, did I make the most of that. For years I've had extensive recording sessions with good friends. Recorded demo's for these friends' bands etc. etc. When it started to wear out, I replaced it with a Yamaha something or other, but this was at a time where Real Life sort of pushed its way in.
I am a computer engineer by profession now, but over the years I've gotten more and more frustrated with using a computer for writing and recording tunes, especially in collaboration projects. Somehow I get lost and distracted by the endless options and settings IF I get everything to work and sync properly. The noise of the computer cooling fans do my head in when I need a moment of silence to visualize a part of music in my head. In other words, the computer sucks all creativity and spontanity away from a writing/recording session for me.
Got the BR-600 after comparing with competition. Exactly the right size to be mobile, exactly the right specs. I'm not too much into the Rhythm box thing, nor into the FX (for guitar anyway) but its nice to know it's there when the need arises sometime.
Don't have any questions or issues at the moment, all is working as advertised, but it's nice to have a place here to help out people and share stories and content.
See you around!

recorder
Boss BR-600

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Welcome Sander!!

With you experience I'm sure you'll make some great recording on your BR ....
Hope you'll pose some of them soon.

cheers
G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

A lot of us have the micro br and we all love it.  You will truly enjoy this site. EVryone is very helpful.

Kody

Hey Sander! I'm Kody~ I was 1 year-old when you were 12!......I started playing when I was 12 also...These BRs are really great~ And so is this community~ Enjoy!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Migs

Hi Sander I am the *real* Davo.  Welcome aboard.
Are you wearing clogs ?
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

BossMicroBRew

Hellooooooo Holland!!! Welcome aboard. You're going to enjoy this place. I started playing guitar at several different ages.  :D :D I get frustrated and set it all down for months...one time it was a couple years almost. Can't wait to hear your stuff!!
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Greeny

Hi from London. This place will inspire and inform you in equal measure. Make some music!  :)

SdC

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bro

Hi sander, welcome from denmark!

Hop aboard, its a great site.
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.