Vote for the May/Jun 2016 "Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, April 25, 2016, 01:55:41 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from May 1st to June 30th. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on April 30th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Originals" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• The Who - Covers of songs by The Who. Can include solo works by Daltrey, Townshend, Entwistle and Moon.

• Fifties Rock & Roll - Covers of songs from the 1950s.

• TubeFest - Covers of songs performed on the Channel 4 TV series The Tube. I haven't found a complete list of artists and the songs they performed, but there's a track listing for a "Best Of" album here.

• Joe Meek Fest - Covers of songs produced by Joe Meek. Here's a list.

• Be-Bop Deluxe - Covers of songs by Be-Bop Deluxe or Bill Nelson.

• 60s Psychedelia / Flower Power - Covers of psychedelic or flower power songs from the sixties.

• Pete Seeger - Covers of songs by Pete Seeger.

• The Jacksons - Covers of songs by The Jackson 5, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, or any other member of the Jackson family.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

I've been wanting to put together a few sets of 50's tunes for a few years. looks like  I might have an excuse!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

heg577

Quote from: Hook on April 27, 2016, 04:40:34 AMI've been wanting to put together a few sets of 50's tunes for a few years. looks like  I might have an excuse!

"Hail, hail Rock 'n' Roll, the beat of the drums loud and bold...."
There is a beautiful symphony playing within us all..

Geir

Who are you people that vote differently than me? You can't be from My generation! I'm a Man and I've Cut My Hair and I'm Getting in tune. I Can't Explain it, but I think this fest can be a Success Story!!! So get out your Squeeze Box and Guitar and Pen 'cause Ive got an Empty Glass and I Won't Get Fooled Again.

I've voted. Now It's Your Turn. How Many Friends will follow me?

Long Live Rock
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hilary

Quote from: Geir on April 27, 2016, 10:12:03 AMWho are you people that vote differently than me? You can't be from My generation! I'm a Man and I've Cut My Hair and I'm Getting in tune. I Can't Explain it, but I think this fest can be a Success Story!!! So get out your Squeeze Box and Guitar and Pen 'cause Ive got an Empty Glass and I Won't Get Fooled Again.

I've voted. Now It's Your Turn. How Many Friends will follow me?

Long Live Rock

Who did you vote for?
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on April 27, 2016, 06:10:16 PMWHY?

...do fools fall in love?" It's looking like there will be no "Tears on my pillow" "everyday" during this next fest. Don't be no "hound dog" now and dip into the "honeycomb" of hits!
Fest on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

I know It's Hard to compete with the 50's and maybe I Can't Explain why you should vote differently, but Imagine a Man eating Heinz Baked Beans with Faith in Something Bigger. Let's call him Baba O'Riley.  He's not d Man with Money, but he's a Happy Jack. Well, him and me, We're Not Gonna Take It, we've Had Enough!!!

I know I've Been Away a lot lately, but I'm Here For More so join me on a Magic Bus,

Do You Think It's Alright?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

It's a lonely walk up "Blueberry Hill" but when you walk it Geir, "walk like a man" and just keep repeating this little  mantra to yourself..."It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...cry if I want to... cry if I want to...you would cry to if it happened to you..."
Fest on my friend...(I'll need my laptop to do this anymore)
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800