Vote for the Mar/Apr 2016 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, February 24, 2016, 10:30:16 AM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from March 1 to April 30. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on February 29th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Covers" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=24781.0

Please vote in both polls.

As always, we encourage you to write an original song for the Originals festival, but covers are welcome too unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• TravelFest - original songs about a journey or trip from one place to another

• Cycle of Life fest - songs about the seasons and birth, life and death

• First Line Fest - Post one (or several) opening lines and the challenge is to write a song using that opening line for your song.

• CrimeFest - Songs about crime, law, police, incarceration, etc.

• JazzFest - Originals or covers in the jazz genre.

• DeathFest - Songs about dying and death. A good opportunity to write about all the celebrities who have passed away in the past few months.

• MythicalPlace Fest - Write a song about a mythical place.

• PhoneFest - Songs about telephones, telephone numbers, or telephone conversations.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

jazz? oanyurbikeyanumptiesjazzferfexksakehuvyeagoanmadorwit?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

I can't believe I'm the only one with buckets of death songs swirling in my head.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Johnny Robbo

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on February 25, 2016, 04:43:52 AMi can't believe so many folk want a jazz fest.

Sorry... that's partially my fault. You're not a jazz fan then?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Oldrottenhead

i love jazz,

i could listen to it all day long,

but you don't want to hear me attempting to play it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Hook

No I love Jazz also, played sax all through school and still often listen to NPRs jazz all night. I think my love of big band, swing and jazz influences my songwriting greatly. When I vote though I try to think of what will inspire me the most. I'm always surprised at what I end up creating regardless of what fest wins, fest are one of my favorite aspects of this great place.
Fest on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

Jazz fest - yes, YES, YES *slams hand on the table*  ::)

I'm in!

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder