Is this cable from MBR???

Started by hardlock, February 14, 2016, 07:36:57 PM

hardlock

Finally found the box for my MBR after many years of it being lost.  Inside was a micro to mini (? large and small flat types) USB cable.  However, on the standard size plug end are also 2 RCA jacks?  One yellow and one white.  Nothing in the manual on this and can't find anything online showing it either.  Closest I can come is a USB on one end and 2 RCAs with those colors on the other end but no second USB connector.  That one is for an Olympus camera.

Any ideas what this is for? (and can I use it safely with the MBR less the RCAs?)

Thanks!
Ken

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

64Guitars

It's from your Olympus camera.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/accessories/camera/cables-remotes/usb-av-pc-2-cable.html

If you want to know what it's for and can't find your manual, you can download one here:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_support.asp?id=1

By the way, a yellow RCA plug is almost always for composite video. So that was my first clue that this cable wasn't for your Micro BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Sherlock 64! You are a blessing to this community my brother!.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

hardlock

Hey 64!  Thanks much!  Wonder if the RCAs use empty pins on the USB so it could be used as a normal USB cable for other things?  It came with my used BR and I never had a reason to use it til now.... :)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure