Ok..I have officially lost my mind to GAS

Started by Hook, October 08, 2015, 04:17:23 PM

Hook

I just cant find contentment!!!!! New condenser mic, a pre-amp, a DP24 (that I might not get to use for years), a cuatro, a tres, a mandolin, a hand held condenser...when will it be enough?????? Today I was hitting my pawn shop rounds, I've got a stick in my ass about my mobile studio. I'm a little tired of cords. I have 2 3-5 foot guitar cords, 1 1/8 inch to stereo quarter inch (Red & grey) a 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch & a short 4foot XLR, not to mention my head phones, the pocket pod, the 008, the video camera, tri pod, xtra batteries....it's starting to feel like too much. I kinda am interested in the Zoom R16 but it uses 6 batteries &or maybe a to replace my 008 but it uses 6 batteries. Maybe the Br800 but then I'm back to 4 mono 2 stereo & I really want at least 8 mono for the car. I've never been a big fan of zoom recorders.  I ended up at Sam Ash music this afternoon & they had (at a warehouse) a BR 80 for $129 new, doesn't that seem cheap?? Well I figured that was it so I bought it and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow right after I go pick up this little beauty

Yea, it's an Epiphone Pee wee, abut the size of a baritone uke and perfect for the front seat of the car. They don't come available often and I lost 3 different auctions on ebay last week. This one didn't sell and there somewhat local, so tomorrow I'm driving over the bridge to pick it up for $80. Hopefully this will satisfy me!!!!!!

As far as the BR80 is concerned, I'm very excited to have the built in effects back & a 1/8 inch stereo line in. I also really like the placement of the stereo mics since I like to set the recorder on the passenger seat, them being on the top should help get a better sound. I figure most of my issues were with the mixing limitations so perhaps this will push me to start doing my mixing on the DP24. I also have started to notice some staticy noise coming and going on the 008, I think this is an SD card issue but I guess it could be justification!??
I can't wait for tomorrow!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

fenderbender

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Quote from: Oldrottenhead on October 08, 2015, 05:29:47 PMYou dirty gearslut. Lol. I'm jealous.
I'll second that -- ;D ;D ;D
Dont the rich have it easy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If I wanted to visit Sam Ashe it would cost me about 700€ to fly to NY,
.-just to walk around the shop -then when I would be finished dribbling over everything -
Anything bigger than a set of strings or a pick would would cost a fortune in customs and carriage duties
Ahhh well tomorrow night is Lotto night :D :D :D :D :D
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Blooby

AndyR

Crazy man!

Note, dual-meaning post:

"You are a crazy man"
"Crazy (cool) ma-an"
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

IanR

Hook,

I may be simple but I'd say you have a lot going on in your car.   :)

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

bruno

Wow brother, Mrs Hook is going to kill you  ;D ;D ;D
You are giving us all GAS - trouble is, I think I've got more gear that the local music shop - although I've seen a Banjo .....
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

Quote from: bruno on October 09, 2015, 11:46:57 AMWow brother, Mrs Hook is going to kill you

Sorry.  I was thinking this as well.

Blooby

Groundy

You're going to need a bigger car Hook..... ;D

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hilary

Wow - even I think the Pee Wee looks great (and I'm not into guitars, sorry boys!).

The BR80 inbuilt mics are on the bottom btw, but you can always just turn it upside down (that's what I do sometimes)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça