Vote for the Jul/Aug 2015 "Artists/Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, June 24, 2015, 07:18:44 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from July 1 to August 31. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on June 30th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Artists/Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Theme/Genre" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=23504.0

Please vote in both polls.

British Invasion - Covers of songs from the British Invasion of the mid-1960s by artists such as The Beatles, The Dave Clark Five, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, Herman's Hermits, and The Who. See this list for more artists from the British Invasion.

Banned by the BBC - Covers of songs from this list at Wikipedia.

Songs from the Brill Building - See this Wikipedia page.

Stiff Records - Cover any song released on Stiff Records.

Albums and singles released on Stiff Records: http://www.discogs.com/label/11617-Stiff-Records

The Who - Covers of songs by The Who. Can include solo works by Daltrey, Townshend, Entwistle and Moon.

60s Psychedelia / Flower Power - Covers of psychedelic or flower power songs from the sixties.

Glam Rock - Covers of songs by Glam Rock artists. For example, T. Rex, David Bowie, Sweet, etc. See this list of Glam Rock Artists on Wikipedia.

Johnny Cash - Covers of songs by Johnny Cash.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

where the who not part of the british invasion?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on June 27, 2015, 09:42:07 AMwhere the who not part of the british invasion?

Yep. The difference is that the British Invasion fest would only include Who songs from the British Invasion era (mid sixties), whereas The Who fest would include any songs by The Who, as well as solo works by the individual members.

Wikipedia says that 1967 marked the end of the British Invasion, so I think any songs released after 1967 would not qualify for British Invasion fest.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Voting is closed. The winner is British Invasion.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website