Whats up!!

Started by mitchhh, February 10, 2015, 12:10:47 PM

mitchhh

Hey everyone, recently discovered this site. Pretty stoked there is a community like this where people can post their work and get feedback. I'm relatively new to music making. I don't play guitar or anything like that but I've been experimenting with several midi and keyboard programs and I think I'm improving. I've posted some songs under the alias Matter Is Void https://soundcloud.com/matter-is-void but most of them are really short and just general ideas. I'm still learning the basics of everything but this seemed like a good time to join the site! I'll be posting some tracks soon, thanks!

cuthbert

Welcome mitchhh, from the sunny shores of Maine, USA. :)

Had a quick listen over on Soundcloud - really good chiptunes-type stuff! Looking forward to hearing more from you.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

mitchhh

Quote from: cuthbert on February 10, 2015, 12:18:09 PMWelcome mitchhh, from the sunny shores of Maine, USA. :)

Had a quick listen over on Soundcloud - really good chiptunes-type stuff! Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Thank you very much!!

Flash Harry

Welcome Mitchhh, this is a great community, very supportive and everyone is keen to help.

The more you put in here, the more you will get out. Have a listen to other peoples music and comment on them, you'll quickly become 'One of the guys'. Ask questions too, there is a wealth of technical and musical  knowledge and experience. Have fun.

I'm not able to nip over to soundcloud at the moment, but I'll check it out later on.

If you're interested in midi much of this was done using midi

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=20909.0
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hook

Welcome from Tampa!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

A worm welcome from Norway as well !!!

I just listened to your unnamed tune and liked it a lot !! I'm sure you'll feel at home here, we're a open minded friendly bunch :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tangled Wires

Welcome from South East England.

Just listened to your tune posted on here and nice to see you getting a lot of nice feedback on it which is a trademark of this site!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

Hi from Scotland. on my mobile so can't listen right now. welcome aboard.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

This is the rarest of things on the internet, a supportive community where everyone is able to be themselves to share and collaborate, grow and learn.  In the time I've been here (5 years) we are free of trolls, although we do have at least one Demon.  You came to the right place, good find...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

mitchhh

You guys are awesome!! I definitely want to participate in this forum as much as I can by listening to all the stuff you guys make. It really is a cool community. Thanks for all the advice and feedback!