BR1600 Still a good investment?

Started by Geir, September 25, 2014, 05:38:44 AM

AndyR

Looks like I'll be giving WAV-MAKER a go sooner than I thought (sounds like some sort of kitchen appliance for tasty drinks and desserts!)

The CD drive on my BR1600 is no longer prepared to write disks :(

WAV-MAKER on order :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291251233401?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I'm always watching auctions & this one is surprising me. If no bids $270 isn't a bad deal. A pawn shop near me had (has ??? ::)) a Tascam 2488 mkii for $175. I really want a 24 track board for my home & I can't let it go. I really don't have a studio space but occasionally I do get a few hours in a quiet house. I really want to be able to bring my tracks home & transfer them onto a bigger board. I want to start working on my next project for the professional me & I really don't want to mix it on my 008. I want faders, as many mono tracks as I can get, usb connection & some mastering presets. I would consider getting a mastering program and doing that part on my laptop but I really want a desktop unit? Always thought I'd upgrade to the 1600 but now the Tascams really turn me on.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

AndyR

Well, I've got WAV-MAKER. Doesn't quite do what I need right at the moment. But it's a damn cute program for what it does - converts all the audio in a project into WAV files on your PC. It also gets the stuff off the BR1600 a lot faster than copy does... but it's not a backup of a the project.

This'll get some of you, though... :D

The project I want to backup is The Dressing-up Box. I know the the project is 2Gb on disk, approx 4 CDs worth (CD backups are failing on disk 3 or 4 with a CD write error). Backing it up via USB is going to take hours... (possibly even days!! I've done it before).

WAV-MAKER got all the audio out in approx half an hour... impressive. They're all mono WAVs, though, including Tracks 9/10, etc...

But get this!!! The Dressing-up Box has, er, 4Gb of audio in it!!! :D :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

bruno

Wow that's a lot of audio, and a lot of tracks!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

DannyB_KY

Yes, the BR-1600, 1200 use IDE drives. There are SATA to IDE converters. Its a small circuit board that attaches to the drive. With the converter, you can change the HD to SSD. 60 to 120GB SSD drives run about $80USD for 60GB and $90USD for 120GB.

Just sayin'   :D
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.

T.C. Elliott

I've got one (used) that I've never really used. I intended to record some songs with the band (8 tracks of drums would be awesome) but the band has been on hiatus all year and I'm seriously thinking of selling it.... like next week. *sigh*

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London