BR-800 Rhythm Editor files

Started by DannyB_KY, December 13, 2013, 06:07:04 AM

DannyB_KY

I have a saved arrangement on my old PC. What is the best (easy) way to get that file onto my Mac???
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.

Geir

What's your purpose? Are you going to use them in the BR-800 Rhythm Editor?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

DannyB_KY

Yes. I spent a lot of time putting that rhythm together. The song changes BPM 5 times and I dont want to start from scratch.
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.

64Guitars

Quote from: DannyB_KY on December 13, 2013, 06:07:04 AMI have a saved arrangement on my old PC. What is the best (easy) way to get that file onto my Mac???

First, you need to know exactly which folder (SONGxxxx.BR0) your song is in on the PC. You also need to know where your BR Rhythm Editor files are on the Mac (perhaps C:\ROLAND\BR0 ?) and which song folder (SONGxxxx.BR0) on the Mac you wish to copy the drum arrangement into. You need to be certain of these folders. Otherwise, you could easily replace the arrangement in the wrong song -- one that already had an arrangement you wanted to keep!

Once you're sure of the folder locations, copy the ARRANGE2.BR0 file from the song folder of the PC to a USB flash drive. Then safely remove the USB flash drive and insert it into your Mac's USB port. Now copy the file from the USB flash drive to your Mac in the desired song folder. This will overwrite any arrangements that were in that song before, so make sure you have the right song.

If your arrangement used custom patterns (as opposed to the BR-800's preset patterns), then you'll also have to copy the PATTERN.BR0 file in the same way. And if you created any custom drum kits, then you'll have to copy DRUMKIT.BR0 as well.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website