wav to mp3 converter

Started by beatnikbiker, December 08, 2013, 02:39:56 PM

beatnikbiker

hello all, can anybody reccomend one? ta

Oldrottenhead

my personal favourite http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ tho audacity does it too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

I use Audacity. It works flawlessly and has any conversion rate you would want.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

64Guitars

I also recommend Audacity. When you've finished recording a song on your BR, you should export it as a WAV file. You can then load that WAV file into Audacity where you can check for clipping, normalize the levels, trim the ends, and export to MP3. See the following guide:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=15

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

hooper

Funny how everybody works differently.   For the last 4-5 years I always use the M-BR wav-mp3 conversion because... I edit and mix tracks in an old version of Sonar and then import a stereo (2-channel) wav mixdown to the M-BR just so that I can use the mastering presets.  And then of course at the end of the mastering process save as an mp3.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Oldrottenhead

i love dbpoweramp but for reverse reasons, back in the day folk would send me a file and ask me to write a lyric. audacity was only useful when file sent was in wav format. but mp3s i got sent came in all shapes and formats, only dbpoweramp could deal with it. and could convert the mp3s into something the microbr would recognise.

and like the  mighty hooper. i always master my songs to mp3 in my microbr. however i believe the newer models br80 and br800 only master to wav. hence the need for a convertor.

i should really master to wav but old habits die hard.

what i do these days  probably seems crazy, but i always master to 192kbps mp3 on my mbr. then import that into cool pro edit (i think an ancient version of audicity or something similar) i trim file fade ins fade outs etc, noise reduction etc, all things i can do in audacity, but i still much prefer doing it in cool pro edit (even tho its old it surprisingly still works with windows8). that would normally be me finished and post the song, but now with the new player not recognising the .MP3 as saved by cool pro edit, i now have to import saved file from there to audacity, i dont do anything to it but just save it as .mp3 which the new song player recognises.

like i said i could probably do it all in audacity...but for me cool pro edit is the gold standard for fuffing about in.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

Funnily enough, I use iTunes on the MAC, works brilliantly well - no sure if you have the same capability on the Windows version of iTunes.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

cuthbert

^ Yup, same with iTunes on Windows (I have iTunes on both Mac & Win).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

IanR

Since getting the BR800, I send my tracks (bounced or not) to Sonar and convert them to mp3 from there. However, I had to buy an mp3 conversion add-on to do it ($20).  Because of this, I have explored Sonar a lot more and I use it for mixing and mastering.  I only bounce on the BR800 to help with managing tracks and hearing work in progress when I'm recording. I have not really explored using the BR as a recording interface for Sonar but that might be coming soon.  There's only so much my brain can learn at any one time.

If I was looking for a simple and cheap option, I'd go for the Audacity solution.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Blooby