Started by Greeny, August 01, 2013, 01:52:09 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Every Breath You Take_Police Cover
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

As suggested by ORH.

I hardly have any time at the moment, so it's unlikely that I'll get around to doing all of the (excellent) suggestions that came my way. But I took this one on as a bit of a challenge, and it really was  :o

I didn't want to do a carbon copy, and I can't play the guitar like Andy Summers, so there's a very different flavour and a slight upping of the tempo.

Blasted out last night in a hot flat with the sweat running out my earphones  :D

I laid the chords out with Garageband smart piano, then improvised everything over the top... piano melodies, drums and electric piano in Garageband, then real bass (which I played with a plectrum), vocals and a bit of electric guitar. I wanted it to sound like it had been recorded in the 70's rather than the 80's. About 1974 to be precise.  :D

Well, I tried!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Brilliant greeny,I love the vocal bit when you sing pleeeeeeeeaaaaase.
Excellent ,hope you get time to do some more.

Redler

Stunning version!!! The flavours you've added on this are just perfect!

Quote from: Greeny on August 01, 2013, 01:52:09 AMI wanted it to sound like it had been recorded in the 70's rather than the 80's. About 1974 to be precise.

Yes, it sounds very 70's - excellent production!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Great cover here brother, I dig the 70's vibe and very cool vocal! This is a tune I've done for years but I always give it a southern rock feel, love this!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

The stand out aspect of this great track is your vocal, it is utterly fantastic.

This is such a different song, brave to take it on, incredible that you did what you did, without doing what I would have done: turned it into karaoke.

Fabulous Tim.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Flash Harry on August 01, 2013, 08:55:12 AMThe stand out aspect of this great track is your vocal, it is utterly fantastic.

I agree, some of the lines in the chorus in particular are simply amazing.

Great take on this, and nearly as good as David Brent's version ;) ;)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteThe stand out aspect of this great track is your vocal, it is utterly fantastic.
yup
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Loving this Greeny-fied version - terrific arrangement and your vocal is a real standout. The ending is classic!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Burtog

That is a beauty, great cover but does have its own sound as if it was like that to start with.

Awesome!!
recorder
Boss BR-800