Started by kenny mac, July 18, 2013, 03:09:36 AM

kenny mac

LOVE SONG
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

Jim suggested I do this so here it is.
The hardest part was trying to get the 80s vibe on the guitars etc.
hope you guys like it.  ;D ;D

Greeny

One of my all-time favourite songs. It still gives me a shiver everytime I hear it. Damn they were a great band (before they hit the stadium-filling big-time!).

This is a huge and complex one to take on, but what a brilliant job you've made of it. It has a harder edge than the original which works surprisingly well. The panned guitar work is phenomenal, and that's some vocal you've put down.

Love it love it love it!

kenny mac

Cheers greeny,one of my favourites is New gold dream.
I seen them do it live on The tube one Friday night (The highlight for me on a Friday lol) and watched in awe at the keyboard players  amazing runs,Brilliant.

Oldrottenhead

that was a good suggestion of mine methinks. totally brawtastic kenny.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: kenny mac on July 18, 2013, 04:33:53 AMCheers greeny,one of my favourites is New gold dream.
I seen them do it live on The tube one Friday night (The highlight for me on a Friday lol) and watched in awe at the keyboard players  amazing runs,Brilliant.

Ah yes... the Tube was a Friday night ritual  :)

I first heard 'Love Song' on this brilliant 1981 New Romantic compilation. The cover photo is so evocative for me. Some great songs on there (and not so great... anyone remember 'Move On' by Fashion?!).

I was blown away by the Simple Minds Barrowlands gig in 1985 too. I remember watching that on TV and thinking what brilliant musicians they were (are!).

cuthbert

Great cover, Kenny...so much attention paid to all the details. I'd say you definitely captured the 80s vibe - fantastic guitars and vocals!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Jarle

Wow...this is fabulous. Your voice and the guitar are awesome.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

Cheers Jarle for your wonderfull comments ,appreciate it.

Hilary

Oh this really suits you - a fabulous cover Kenny, well done!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Wow. Excellent cover of this great song from Sons and Fascination, which is the only Simple Minds album I have. They were a great band.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website