cant get you out of my head : oldrottenhead does kylie as suggested by geir

Started by Oldrottenhead, July 01, 2013, 04:58:40 AM

Oldrottenhead

i just can't get you out of my head
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

i could hammer nails in with my fingertips after trying to learn this one. managed to minimalise it down to four chords. oh dear.

can't get you out of my head
w/m
cathy dennis and rob davis
guitar and voice
by
oldrottenhead
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Cor... this is a bit good. Works really nicely. And shows there always really was a good bit of songwriting somewhere underneath those gold hotpants. Very nicely performed. Magic.

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

henwrench

OH GOD YES

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

I actually know this song. I like your la, la song better but you pulled it off!!
Your guitar playing is getting better and better....BRAW!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Jarle

This is what cover is about, making it to your own. Not much Kylie here if we don't consider your... ;D ;D ;D :-\

Love it.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

It's a funny thing to own up to, but this is the song that got me back into playing / recording after a 10 year plus hiatus.

I was driving to work one morning and this was on the car stereo. This was early 2010 and the news was full every day of british servicemen being flown back into RAF Lyneham from Candahar province with the flags draped over their coffins.  I began to think of this song being sung from the viewpoint of the widow at home and being played at the funeral.  Odd, it still chokes me now.  Wierd what goes on in your head.

Then I was thinking of like a Sisters of Mercy / Pixies style cover.  Dark.

Never did record it though, but it piqued my interest in home recording and shortly after I bought my Zoom.

Nice atmosphere in your version here, works great stripped. Stripped down Kylie.  There's a thought...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Burtog

Cool, I liked the layed back interpretation of this - I assumed you'd have fired up the Juno for this but no....
recorder
Boss BR-800

Flash Harry

Conjours images of Mr Higgins in a blonde wig and a silver lamé slinky number glued on tantalisingly with wig tape..... Arrrggghhh it's burning me......
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.