The Official SuggestFest suggestions topic

Started by 64Guitars, June 28, 2013, 07:29:21 PM

64Guitars

I've created a Master List of all of the suggestions in this topic so far. It's in the first message of this topic.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=18828.0

That should make it a lot easier to keep track of what's been suggested for you. Just look up your name in the left column. All of the songs suggested for you so far are listed to the right. I've also included a column that indicates if the song is done and links to the topic where it was posted.

Continue posting your suggestions here in this topic, as usual, and I'll try to keep the master list updated as new suggestions are posted. I'll also try to update the "Done" column as songs get posted for SuggestFest.

Creating the list was a huge job, so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something or made a mistake or two. However, a few incomplete suggestions were left out intentionally as they didn't mention who was meant to do the songs, or they left out a song suggestion completely and only mentioned a member's name. Every suggestion must be for a specific song to be done by one or more specific Songcrafters members.

Also, be sure to include the song title and artist in the text of your message. A YouTube video on its own isn't enough because they can get removed from YouTube. This happened once already and there was no text in the message to indicate what the song was.

And don't suggest songs for yourself, not even as collabs. The idea is to suggest a song for someone else to do. And someone else will suggest a song for you to do. It's okay to suggest that several members collaborate on a song, as long as you're not one of them.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

That's quite a list brother...Thanks!!!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

FuzzFace

I suggest for SwanSong to do Rolling Stones' As Tears Go By.

64Guitars

I'd like to hear Bluesberry cover "Rock and Roll Song" by Valdy. It's a Canadian classic from 1972.

[grooveshark]6830941[/grooveshark]

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Maybe Vanncad could do Murray McLauchlan's "Farmer's Song" from 1973.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJbO0quK-cU

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Gnasty probably has enough on his plate, but if he finds time (especially if SuggestFest is extended to Oct 31), I'd love to hear his cover of "(Isn't Love Unkind) In My Life" by A Foot in Coldwater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEyvRSfdyaA

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

ODH

That's a lot of work you put in there, 64G, but is av very useful list.  I copied the list to Excel and pivoted it, it's a great insight.  I've had four suggested and done 3, whereas I've suggested 6 and had none done. :(

I guess in this life there are those that suggest and those that are suggested to...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hilary

Quote from: Nick_ODH on July 31, 2013, 01:09:30 AMThat's a lot of work you put in there, 64G, but is av very useful list.  I copied the list to Excel and pivoted it, it's a great insight.  I've had four suggested and done 3, whereas I've suggested 6 and had none done. :(

I guess in this life there are those that suggest and those that are suggested to...

I'm not doing the 'Because I Got High' one at the moment but I am working on 2 raps - a cover, Gold Digger (Kanye West) and the 2nd an original. I'm struggling with the first one and find myself thinking (just this morning) how would Nick do it! You are a constant inspiration :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

ODH

Quote from: Hilary on July 31, 2013, 01:22:15 AMI am working on 2 raps - a cover, Gold Digger (Kanye West) and the 2nd an original. I'm struggling with the first one and find myself thinking (just this morning) how would Nick do it! You are a constant inspiration :D

Wow.  I have (too) many self images in my head;  inspirational rapper was never among them!

...until now that is :)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter