(remix) kicks - paul revere & the raiders covered by phantasm777

Started by phantasm777, June 25, 2013, 04:25:04 PM

phantasm777

ok, as usual, a demo type. it didn't turn out as well as I hoped but I think I can rectify that on my next recordings. cover of kicks by paul revere and the raiders from 1968. I was 9 years old when this came out and obviously liked the raiders. one of my fav. songs by them! I spent enough time on this song, and enough was enough and though not too pleased with the quality, here it is, running time 2:29m.

kicks by paul revere & the raiders covered by phantasm777
Time:
0:00
Volume:

chrisnickey64

oh yeah! loves me some raiders! superb version of a bitchin tune! i have a version of great airplane strike....how bout a paul revere and the raiders songfest? ??? Cheers

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=18796.0

recorder
Korg D1600mkII
www.goodtimeshow.com

Burtog

I've never heard 'em before and then 2 covers go up at the same time, sounds really cool this and I like the song, sounds like its recorded a bit hot and distorts a bit but that kind of adds to the flavour of the song.

Nice one Frank!
recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

I've not heard of the band either.  Great song though, is it a sixties song?  Timeless.

Well performed too.  I agree though that some of the levels are a tad high, a bit clipped.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

phantasm777

ok, funny thing is none of the individual tracks were hot, nor the finished mix, I always have "show clipping" on, to prevent that more. what I had to do was just lower the vol.s on everything. it seemed all the vox clipped the highest so I turned them down and adjusted the rest of the instruments around them.

so I would appreciate comments on if this is better or still seems a bit distorted. thanks to chris, burtog, and nick for listening to the mess. let me know if any improvement on this remix!

64Guitars

The new mix sounds much better.

Nice cover of this classic song by Paul Revere & the Raiders. They had a few good songs back in the sixties.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Burtog

Quote from: phantasm777 on June 26, 2013, 11:03:22 AMok, funny thing is none of the individual tracks were hot, nor the finished mix, I always have "show clipping" on, to prevent that more. what I had to do was just lower the vol.s on everything. it seemed all the vox clipped the highest so I turned them down and adjusted the rest of the instruments around them.

so I would appreciate comments on if this is better or still seems a bit distorted. thanks to chris, burtog, and nick for listening to the mess. let me know if any improvement on this remix!

Has improved a bit, still a bit of distortion but I wouldn't change it, gives it a 'live' feel. Really like all the vox and that guitar line/sound has nailed the 60's sound - very cool!
recorder
Boss BR-800