Aussie guy new here.

Started by Denv12, May 29, 2013, 04:04:39 PM

Denv12

Hi.I just got told about this forum.I joined on the spot.

I play piano(self taught),write music and sing.I own a Roland RD700sx stage piano,Roland KC350 amp and a Tascam Portastudio414 mk11- 4 track tape deck.Suits me perfectly.Going to find a new digital recording device to replace the tascam.Running out of cassettes and need to find a new type.

I write all my own songs.

Hope to get to get advice here.

64Guitars

Hi Chris. Welcome to Songcrafters.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Denv12

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 29, 2013, 05:47:26 PMHi Chris. Welcome to Songcrafters.

Thank you.I'll look around and post.

Burtog

Hi Chris and welcome!

I read your other post and was in a similar position when I joined, I have one of those same Tascams that a friend gave me although I've never used it.

I (after much advice) opted for a BR800, I find it a good unit to use, can be fiddly at times but generally the recording is trouble free and reliable, the inbuilt drums are ok if you are prepared to spend some time on the rhythm editor, the guitar and bass effects and vocal effects cover most bases effectively and you can even mix and master to a good standard from the unit itself which is what I do.

Did anyone mention the BR80 to you, might be worth a look too.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Denv12

Quote from: Burtog on May 30, 2013, 12:48:14 AMHi Chris and welcome!

I read your other post and was in a similar position when I joined, I have one of those same Tascams that a friend gave me although I've never used it.

I (after much advice) opted for a BR800, I find it a good unit to use, can be fiddly at times but generally the recording is trouble free and reliable, the inbuilt drums are ok if you are prepared to spend some time on the rhythm editor, the guitar and bass effects and vocal effects cover most bases effectively and you can even mix and master to a good standard from the unit itself which is what I do.

Did anyone mention the BR80 to you, might be worth a look too.

I havent seen the BR80.I've been looking at the BR800 and the zoomR16.I'm more likely to buy either of those.They are within my budget.And,I need similar setup to the tascam.I think the BR80 might be out of consideration.I've found the BR800 where I can get it for a good price here.

Thanks for your advice.

REgards Chris.

Geir

Welcome to Songcrafters Chris. You've found the right place :)

Looking forward to hear your music.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Speed Demon

Hello, Chris.

Welcome to Songcrafters.

I'm looking forward to hearing your music.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Jarle

Welcome, looking forward to hear your music.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Welcome to songcrafters, get posting  ;D ;D
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600