Boss BR MICRO guitar presets for the BR800??

Started by Super 8, May 14, 2013, 06:59:10 PM

Super 8

I've just upgraded from a BOSS BR Micro to a BOSS BR800 although I'm not sure 'upgrade' is the right phrase especially where the clean guitar preset tones are concerned!  Where have all those really nice, STOCK tones to be found on the BR Micro gone? Presets like: 'Twangstr'; 'Bayou'; 'Jazzy'; 'Nashville'; etc ... I used to use these all the time on my ol' BR Micro and I could really do with getting them back!  I'll admit I haven't tried them all but from what I have road-tested so far it sounds like Roland have taken a step backwards with the stock guitar presets in the BOSS BR800.  First impression? GREAT for 'Big Hair '80s RAWK' if that's your thang (but it's certainly not my bag!) 

SO, my question is:  Anybody know how to overwrite a lot of these BR800 sounds with the exact same presets to be found in the BR Micro? 

PS: Other than the guitar tone presets I'm otherwise fairly impressed with the BR800 so far!     

64Guitars

The following document lists the settings for all of the Micro BR presets. Just enter similar settings into the BR-800 and save the patches in the User bank.

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/Docs/Micro_BR_Preset_Effect_Patches.pdf

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website