I Can See Clearly Now - Reggae'd Up! UP AGAIN :)

Started by 7thson, April 22, 2013, 10:20:21 PM

7thson

I Can See Clearly Now
Time:
0:00
Volume:
JamaicaFest (banner image missing)

Fooling around with the BR-800 again tonight and discovered a reggae beat in the rhythm section.  Decided to put a little cover together on a reggae song by Johnny Nash I've loved all my life but never tried to play before and it turned out okay.  

UPDATED:

I Added a real bass this time, got rid of the buzz sound and added another vocal track to fill it out!
I hope you'll like it.  Hey Can I get it in Jamaicafest??? :r2  8)

Boss BR-800

Hilary

Oh shame about the hiss - I loved the fake bass and the acoustic arrangement but thought vocally you were at the bottom of your range at some points (I could be wrong!) - I'd maybe take it up a couple of steps for the vox.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

7thson

I listened to this again today and realized that the cable buzz was just too much so I took it down.  I think I'll redo it and take your suggestion Haylie to try it in a higher key.

Thanks.

Boss BR-800

Hilary

Please do because it's a lovely cover - I'll look out for the new one :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

7thson

Okay,  I put a few finishing touches on this and put it back up.  See the first post for the update on what I've done.

Hope you enjoy.

Boss BR-800

Hilary

Oh my, it's just stunning now (crikey I'm good - ha ha) - I forget the rules for Jamaica fest but if you modify the message with the festival banner (in the message icon selection) it will flag it up to the site administrators and they will sort it out for you (or pm 64guitars, he's really good).

Definately worth the effort  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Really great recording here. I've gigged this tune many times but I really dig the reggae feel and that higher vocal ties it up nicely with a purtty bow!! You do have to change the message icon to festival or 64 might not see it( I suspect he see everything though!)
Fest On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

7thson

Quote from: Hook on April 24, 2013, 05:14:21 AMReally great recording here. I've gigged this tune many times but I really dig the reggae feel and that higher vocal ties it up nicely with a purtty bow!! You do have to change the message icon to festival or 64 might not see it( I suspect he see everything though!)
Fest On!

Thanks so much!

How do I change the message icon?  Haylie told me that but I'm just too new here to figure it out on my own.

Boss BR-800

Hilary

Go to modify the original message - click on the down arrow of the message icon box (under the subject) and select the festival submission - then post
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

7thson

Boss BR-800