Vote for the Mar/Apr 2013 "Theme/Genre" festival

Started by 64Guitars, February 23, 2013, 01:56:51 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from March 1 to April 30th. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on February 28th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Theme/Genre" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Artists/Covers" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=17796.0

Please vote in both polls.

As always, we encourage you to write an original song for the Theme/Genre festival, but covers are welcome too.

Descriptions of the less-obvious choices:

FamilyFest - Songs recorded only with members of your family (kids, spouse, siblings, pets, etc.)

ManjoleleFest - Songs featuring mandolin, banjo, or ukulele. Guitar synths simulating those instruments are also allowed. Keyboard simulations would be allowed too, though I think it would be hard to create a convincing simulation with a keyboard.

ResponseFest - Quoted from the original suggestion by Beleg: We all write new original songs that are a reply/response to an existing song. For example I was listing to Help Me Rhonda by the beach boys (i.e. "help me Rhonda, help me get her out of my heart"). A response would be a song from Rhonda's perspective replying to a guy who is basically asking her to be a rebound.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15502.msg193246#msg193246

Hopefully, the remaining choices are pretty obvious. But if you have any questions about them, post them here.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

danieldesete

Is this grass smell coming from SC ?

Never hear of Rocksteady before, you guys are living encyclopaedias.
hou hou ha ha

64Guitars

Voting for the Theme/Genre fest is closed. The winner is...

JamaicaFest  (Reggae, Ska, Rocksteady, etc.)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website