Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Redler

Quote from: Speed Demon on July 13, 2016, 04:26:21 AMKari, could you translate "Jive-ass turkey" for me?

I checked this out via Urban dictionary: A damn fool, who constantly acts foolish and ignorant.
Quote from: Hilary on July 13, 2016, 08:33:53 AM
Quote from: Redler on July 12, 2016, 11:22:02 PMLet's have Google translator festival!

The idea: write a lyric (or use an old lyric/song) on your native language and put it to Google translator and choose a language! The translator helps with pronouncing, too.

Sounds great!

or a Sing a Song in Another Language Fest - I bet we all pick Finnish :D

Sing a song in Another Language Fest sounds fine! I can help with lyric and pronouncing if needed! I'd try to write something in German or Norwegian!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Speed Demon

Write a song in Bantu or Swahili.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Hilary

There seems to be a lot of songs on the board about crying lately - what about a CryingFest?
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Speed Demon

"I Got Tears in My Ears 'cause I Laid on My Side When I Cried"

Here's the title. Someone write the lyrics for it.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Hilary

Quote from: Redler on July 14, 2016, 12:48:25 AM
Quote from: Speed Demon on July 13, 2016, 04:26:21 AMKari, could you translate "Jive-ass turkey" for me?

I checked this out via Urban dictionary: A damn fool, who constantly acts foolish and ignorant.
Quote from: Hilary on July 13, 2016, 08:33:53 AM
Quote from: Redler on July 12, 2016, 11:22:02 PMLet's have Google translator festival!

The idea: write a lyric (or use an old lyric/song) on your native language and put it to Google translator and choose a language! The translator helps with pronouncing, too.

Sounds great!

or a Sing a Song in Another Language Fest - I bet we all pick Finnish :D

Sing a song in Another Language Fest sounds fine! I can help with lyric and pronouncing if needed! I'd try to write something in German or Norwegian!

I bagsie American :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Johnny Robbo

The recent threads about when we first started playing, and when we first started recording got me thinking... How about a fest based on the first song we each learned to play? It could be either the first song we strummed through or the first proper tune we managed to pick out (with one finger moving up & down just one string, probably). Might be interesting to hear how we all began our musical journeys  :)
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

64Guitars

Quote from: Johnny Robbo on August 10, 2016, 12:56:47 AMThe recent threads about when we first started playing, and when we first started recording got me thinking... How about a fest based on the first song we each learned to play? It could be either the first song we strummed through or the first proper tune we managed to pick out (with one finger moving up & down just one string, probably). Might be interesting to hear how we all began our musical journeys  :)

But that would mean that each member could only submit one song for the entire festival. What would Hook, oldrottenhead, fenderbender, thetworegs, and other frequent posters do for the rest of the two months?

It's an interesting idea but maybe it would be better as a mini-fest lasting just a week or two? I think the main festivals need to be based on themes that allow people to post lots of songs throughout the festival if they want to.

I don't even remember what the first song I learned was (it was over fifty years ago!) I can think of lots of songs I learned while starting out but I don't remember which was first. It was probably some simple melody from a guitar instruction book. One such song that comes to mind is "Long, Long Ago" but I don't know if that was the first. Of course, like many others, I played the "Satisfaction" riff on one string too. But again, I don't remember if it was the first tune I learned.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Speed Demon

67G, you sound like you're as old as I am, or darn close.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Johnny Robbo

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 10, 2016, 11:02:47 AMBut that would mean that each member could only submit one song for the entire festival. What would Hook, oldrottenhead, fenderbender, thetworegs, and other frequent posters do for the rest of the two months?

Ahhh... sorry. Hadn't thought of that  :-[
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

bruno

20 versions of 'Smoke on the water'  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Smoke on the water fest  ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-1600