Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Gnasty

Quote from: Blooby on December 24, 2014, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 24, 2014, 04:00:17 PMfourthded santy just got me a br800

How very cool.  Will you post one last picture of the old recorder? If I remember correctly, it  looks like it's been dragged through Hell and back.

Wow congrats James! And do us a favor. Take a pic of your new br800 everyday so we can see the slow change
in the years to come!  Like this! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACU7xpM4s6Q
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Gnasty on December 26, 2014, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Blooby on December 24, 2014, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 24, 2014, 04:00:17 PMfourthded santy just got me a br800

How very cool.  Will you post one last picture of the old recorder? If I remember correctly, it  looks like it's been dragged through Hell and back.

Wow congrats James! And do us a favor. Take a pic of your new br800 everyday so we can see the slow change
in the years to come!  Like this! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACU7xpM4s6Q
haha. the br800 is unlikely to go through the transformation the mbr did.

i will still carry the mbr with me everywhere.

currently the br800 is in it's box and every so often is taken out of said box and gently prodded like some artefact that has mysteriously appeared from the future.

it brings to mind the story of the polyesian tribes, who came across weapons left over from the second world war and unaware how to use them , would roll the likes of airplanes down hills at one another in battle.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Congrats brother! does the br800 work with the wave converter, it'll be nice to get tracks on the MBR and bring them home to the 800.
Very cool.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

I think for now that's what I'll be doing. Transferring wavs from mbr to br800 till I get used to it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 27, 2014, 02:28:15 AMit brings to mind the story of the polyesian tribes, who came across weapons left over from the second world war and unaware how to use them , would roll the likes of airplanes down hills at one another in battle.

dumbass-fest? :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Burtog

Could we add Ryan Adams to any future variety fest?

Always love the Variety Fests
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

Quote from: Burtog on February 28, 2015, 11:14:39 AMCould we add Ryan Adams to any future variety fest?

Always love the Variety Fests

Sure, though I don't know who he is. I guess I'm too old. :-[  But I'll definitely add him to the list of suggestions for a future variety fest.

What we really need is more suggestions for the Theme/Genre festivals. It's not hard for the admin team to come up with choices for the Artists/Covers festivals because there are so many great artists to choose from, plus we've got lots of good suggestions from the members for future Artist/Covers festivals. But I always have a hard time selecting my choices for the Theme/Genre festivals because the list of suggestions from which we make our choices is getting a bit weak in my opinion. I think we've done all the good ideas from that list and what's left doesn't excite me. So I'd love to have some more suggestions from the members for future Theme/Genre festivals.

Perhaps I should clarify just what exactly the Theme/Genre festival is. It's intended to be a festival that encourages people to write an original song about a specific theme or within a certain genre. We've already done several genres (blues, rock, folk, punk, comedy, psychedelic, electronic, disco, traditional, and reggae). There may be a few more genres we could try, but what we really need is good ideas for themes. A good theme should be reasonably restricted and should offer a bit of a challenge for members to try writing something they wouldn't have otherwise tried. It doesn't necessarily have to be original songs only. Many good themes will also work for covers. But if it only works for covers, then it isn't a Theme/Genre festival, it's an Artist/Covers festival. For example, The Old Grey Whistle Fest is an Artists/Covers festival because all submissions must be covers of songs that were played on the BBC programme. Obviously, you can't write a song that was played on The Old Grey Whistle Test TV show. You can only cover the songs that were played on that show. On the other hand, MonkeyFest was a Theme/Genre festival because anyone can write a song about monkeys. You can also cover a song that's about monkeys but the festival was not restricted to only covers, and original songs about monkeys were encouraged.

So I hope everyone will put on their thinking caps and come up with some good ideas for future Theme/Genre festivals.

And please offer only serious suggestions. If you can't resist suggesting something as a joke, please state that you're just kidding. Otherwise, I'll add it to the list and that will just clutter our list with useless suggestions that will never get picked, which makes the admin team's job of selecting the eight choices harder than it needs to be. I suspect that a few of the suggestions posted in this topic so far were meant as jokes, but as I wasn't certain I added them to the list. So please keep it serious, or state clearly that you're only kidding so I won't add it to the list.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Burtog

recorder
Boss BR-800

Speed Demon

Themes and other songs from scary monster movies and TV shows.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.