recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on January 20, 2014, 12:08:32 PMA redo fest. ... have another go at one of your own songs

At first, I thought that's a great idea! But then I realized it would really only work for members who have posted a lot of original songs. Many of us only do covers. I suppose a RedoFest could include re-arranging and re-recording covers that you've posted before, but that doesn't have quite the same appeal as redoing your original songs. Once you've done a cover, there usually isn't much incentive to do it again. But with an original song, you might get ideas about how you could have done it differently and the fest would be a good opportunity to try those ideas.

I suppose that members who don't have any original songs of their own could redo another member's original song. But then that's the same as TributeFest. Still, it would be more interesting than redoing covers.

I don't know. Any other ideas on how we could make a RedoFest more attractive to members who only do covers?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Just after I had posted it I had the same thoughts as you 64G ........

and I haven't found any good solution yet.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Burtog

The only idea I have with this is a firstpostfest. You redo your first post on SG or it's given to someone else to do. Covers and originals could be included.
recorder
Boss BR-800

henwrench

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on January 12, 2014, 09:56:51 AMOr #1s from the year of (insert year) might not be a bad way to go about it, either. Or even Top 10 hits from the year 1971 (as a for instance.)

Great idea. Or certainly some kind of year based Fest. Very interesting. Number One single on the day you were born?

Quote from: Geir on January 20, 2014, 12:08:32 PMA redo fest. ... have another go at one of your own songs

HA HA, no chance. I couldn't replicate any of them....I have no idea as to what I was doing at the time. Probably making dinner or worrying or laughing or hiding. May have been all four.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

Quote from: henwrench on January 21, 2014, 02:35:19 PMNumber One single on the day you were born?

That sounds like a good idea for a thread.  Quick internet research tells me mine would be The Last Time by Rolling Stones (in UK).  Which could be feasible.  For a minute it came back with Sandie Shaw Long Live Love, which would have been brilliant, except I put in May instead of March.

There's a lot of support for a reprisal of Recyclefest in some parts, which I would also go along with.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Geir

A numberbased fest for the nerds:

PrimeFest :
Only songs from years that are a prime number ::) :
1901 1907 1913 1931 1933 1949 1951 1973 1979 1987 1993 1997 1999 2003 2011
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on January 21, 2014, 02:35:19 PMNumber One single on the day you were born?

That's actually been in the list of suggestions for a long time but hasn't been picked yet as a choice. Maybe someday. It's not a bad idea, it's just that we have many suggestions to choose from and each member of the admin team can only pick two choices, so it's inevitable that some good suggestions will get passed by in favour of others that we happen to like better. Still, all suggestions stay in the list until they win the vote, so it will probably come up sooner or later.

There's a whole topic about #1 songs on the day you were born here: https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=10249.0

Quote from: Hook on January 12, 2014, 06:44:24 AMI still think current #1s would be an interesting fest!

We have Current Top 10 in the list which is similar but gives us more songs to choose from.

Here are the current lists from which we choose our 8 poll choices. The links take you to the message where the idea was proposed, so check there for details of what it means. Suggestions that don't have a link may have been made by a member of the admin team (so the suggestion was never posted publicly) or it could be that I couldn't find the original suggestion.

By the way, there are a few suggestions in the list that I think might have been intended as a joke. But I wasn't sure, so I included them. If you're the person who made the suggestion and it was indeed a joke, please let me know so I can remove it from the list.

Artists / Covers

Themes/Genres

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Here are the individual artists or bands that have been suggested so far:

Roxette, Howard Jones, Nik Kershaw, Depeche Mode, Icycle Works, Tears For Fears, The Human League, The Band, Paul Revere and the Raiders, The Kinks, Ben Harper, Pete Seeger, Tom Waits, Fleetwood Mac, The Osmonds, The Bee Gees, Django Reinhardt, The Police/Sting, Van Morrison, Elvis Presley, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, The Yardbirds, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen.

I think we should have another VarietyFest in the near future and use six of these suggestions for it. They never seem to get many votes when they come up as a separate choice (ie; WhoFest, PoliceFest, etc.) so I think it would be best to have them in a VarietyFest. Otherwise, they'll stay in the list forever.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website