How can you mend a broken Heart - R.I.P Tony Jones aka Tafka ---Bee Gee's cover

Started by Facemask93, May 22, 2012, 06:15:08 PM

Facemask93

How Can You Mend a Broken Heart
Performed by Facemask93 and A K
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I got AK to play guitar tonight , with me singing , i originally wanted two guitars , but decided it was better using just one , we did two takes using the second one keeping the vocal up front , AK was recorded direct , while I used the Rode condenser mic , it's a little hot in places on the vox , but I just wanted that live feel .
Ive always loved this song even though i associate it with the ending of my first marriage , but ,we just wanted to do something for Robin  , cuz he was an amazing songwriter and musician , so R.I.P Mr Gibb , you gave many people a lot of pleasure over the years

Sorry to hear of the recent passing of Tony Jones aka the Welsh Wizard , Witchita , Tafka an amazing musician & a great bloke R.I.P Tony , condolences to his Wife Helen

Rob & AK

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Hook

Incredible!!!!!
I mean an absolute, incredibly stunning vocal, beautiful guitar, well done!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

Sang as only you could do Rob, absolutely brilliant...............Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Geir

This is definitively the best version of this song EVER !!!!

STUNNING Rob and AK !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hilary

You could melt a few hearts with this one guys! Just perfect Rob and AK.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

cuthbert

What a fine and lovely tribute - crisp, clean guitar from AK, and your vocals are just perfect Rob.

I've been diving into some of the Bee Gees back catalog over the past few days. What a amazing body of work they created...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Your voice is amazing, Rob. Every song you sing sounds fantastic and this is no exception. Well done.

Quote from: cuthbert on May 23, 2012, 10:52:26 AMI've been diving into some of the Bee Gees back catalog over the past few days. What a amazing body of work they created...

I've added BeeGeesFest to the list of suggestions for future festivals. Though no one has actually suggested it, there seems to be a lot of interest in their songs and I think a BeeGeesFest would be a lot of fun. Like many others, I never cared for their disco era songs. But I think it would be very interesting to cover a disco era Bee Gees song in a non-disco style. Plus, they recorded plenty of great songs before they went disco which would be great to cover too.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Rolow

Very very nice one.  Your vox is excellant on this and the recording is perfect.  Thanks for the
collectable cover. ;D ;D ;D
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

launched

Loved the performance, fellas!! An excellent tribute to a very cool band. A shame another one has fallen.

It's in the catalog - Well done!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SwanSong