Does garageband count? Feedback problem

Started by Tony, January 24, 2009, 11:18:39 PM

Tony

The first question is does Garageband count as a portable recorder for this forum?  I run it on my MacBook and that is portable (a little bigger than a BR600).

The second question relates to recording guitar into Garageband.  I tried to put some additional guitar on a track that I had recorded with my MBR and I got a problem that I always get whenever I try to record a guitar into Garageband - it gets feedback and cuts the monitor out.

Is anyone familiar with this problem and do you know how to fix it?

BossMicroBRew

Yeah, its really annoying when that happens. There is an option on your real instrument track to have the monitor ON or OFF while you are playing. There is also an option to have it turned ON with Feedback Protection. I have found the Feedback Protection still doesn't work that great sometimes.

I have had success by turning down the output volume of GB. You could always use headphones, too, which would decrease your feedback chances even more. In the end, though, I have generally solved this issue my adjusting the input/output levels in different places.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Tony

I suppose the only satisfaction is knowing that the problem isn't just with my machine.  I just don't use Garageband that much these days because of this problem.

Thanks for the reply.