Beat the boss, get the girl

Started by possibly, January 07, 2009, 08:26:14 AM

possibly

Beat the boss, get the girl
Time:
0:00
Volume:
At the prompting of Greeny, here's something I was messing around with a while back.

The solo at the beginning is the guitarist from my band, not me.

Umm, it was basically supposed to be a kind of nod towards the old fashioned computer games of yore where you would have a fight with a big end of level boss. Why I don't know.

Unfortunately, it sounds very empty after the guitar ends now. Anyone got the chops and inclination to lay down something of a lead guitar - as crazy as you please? or whatever you want really - can't really envisage a vocal for it, but if you can, feel free.

Greeny

I like this a lot. The lead guitar at the start sounds pretty psychedelic to me... a late sixties West Coast freak-out from the 13th Floor Elevators with a bit of Syd-era Pink Floyd. There's definitely scope for some vocals - and I think they're really needed here. I'll have a think - and hopefully a crack at the weekend. But by the time I've checked back on here, ORH will already have posted a finished version!  :D

Nice work!

Oldrottenhead

QuoteBut by the time I've checked back on here, ORH will already have posted a finished version! 
will leave this one for you tim, my ADD was attended to this afternoon lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

possibly

Well, I can't say I'm not curious.

Greeny

Got something on the go... and very different for me. Will see if I can nail it later  ;)

beleg

great work, but the song makes my nintendo thumb ache..  ;)

Have you ever checked out the work of the minibosses?

http://www.minibosses.com/brassmp3s/

or metriod metal?

http://www.metroidmetal.com/songs.html

possibly

I like em, particularly the megaman 2 one - I loved that game, and probably still do, I'm going to go get some whiskey and explore the forum, Penderyn anyone? tis a lovely drop.

Greeny

BeatTheBossGetTheGirl
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Right... strictly for laughs, this is my effort at the vocal  :D :D :D

This song has a crazy structure, but I like the instrumental version! As for this one with the vocal... hmmmm, lol. But it shows I tried at least!!!!

scratchy

freakin' hell what have you done to that song? that's terrible! :D  ;)