Vote for the September/October "Theme/Genre" festival

Started by 64Guitars, August 26, 2011, 09:54:21 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from September 1 to October 31. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on September 1st. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Theme/Genre" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Artists/Covers" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=12126.0

Please vote in both polls.

A cappella - Vocals only. No instruments allowed.

Live in the Living Room - Recorded without multitracking.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gritter

Ska is unlikely to ever win. Maybe Ska/Reggae for the next vote?

And how about song titles containing girl/boy names? There's a lot of 'em.

64Guitars

Quote from: Gritter on August 29, 2011, 03:58:36 PMSka is unlikely to ever win. Maybe Ska/Reggae for the next vote?

I've renamed it to "JamaicaFest (Reggae, Ska, Rocksteady, etc.)" and will use that in future polls if it comes up again.

QuoteAnd how about song titles containing girl/boy names? There's a lot of 'em.

Sure. I'll add that to the list of suggestions from which we choose the 8 poll options every two months.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Voting is closed. The Theme/Genre festival for Sept/Oct will be...

Live in the Living Room

That's recordings made without multitracking/overdubbing. Typically, this means singing and playing guitar at the same time. But you could also record with a friend or two, as long as you all play at the same time (as opposed to multitracking or overdubbing). It should also be recorded live at home in your living room or any other room of the house, as opposed to live at a bar, club, etc. in front of an audience.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

I've added all of the Live in the Living Room recordings I could find to the jukebox. I found them by searching for "Live in the Living Room" and "LitLR". There are probably others that qualify but don't contain those words in the text. If anyone knows of any that I've missed, please point them out so I can add them to the jukebox.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

I'm sure a lot of Thareks songs qualify, and I have a few more as well, I'll try to track some of them down.

Some of the Otley recording surely should be there.

And LG and holdempoke surely must have some ... or are those from the garage ??? :D

and facemask93 !!!!

I'll pm you when I get the time to go digging 64G ...

PS. a search for "recorded live" gave a few results .... a few too many tho ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

dasilvasings

64G,

following someone's idea in another thread, I suggest "one chord songs" for voting in the next festival.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Okay, I've added "One-chord songs" to the list of suggestions for future festivals. But I can't say when or if it will appear as a poll choice. The list currently contains 66 suggestions. Every two months, the admin team chooses 16 items from that list for the polls (8 for Artist/Cover and 8 for Theme/Genre). Sometimes, we also create new items not on the list, like the Singer-songwriter festivals. So, whether "One-chord songs" or any other suggestion appears in a poll or not depends on whether anyone on the admin team votes for it as a poll choice. Each member of the admin team chooses two suggestions for Artist/Cover and two for Theme/Genre. There are lots of good suggestions available and we just pick the ones we like best at the time.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website