BR600 Rythm

Started by badrail, August 25, 2011, 08:51:03 PM

64Guitars

Quote from: badrail on August 29, 2011, 08:44:46 PMOkay, is there a way to change the tempo of the whole song and when should this be done? I had the original rhythm at 130 beats per minute but as I listen to it bounce it just drags along, needs to be about 140.

Each step of the arrangement has a tempo parameter. Just change each step to the desired tempo. They don't all have to be the same tempo, though they often are. But you could have a faster chorus, for example, or slow down at the ending.

There's also a tempo setting in the main playback screen. You can change it there to affect the whole arrangement, but it won't be saved with the song. So the next time you load the song you'd have to change it again. But by changing the steps of the arrangement instead, the tempo for each step is saved and will be where you want it each time you load the song.

Of course, changing the tempo of the arrangement doesn't change the tempo of any audio tracks you've recorded. There's no way to do that in the BR so you'd have to re-record the audio tracks to match the new tempo of the drum arrangement.

If your song is finished and you want to speed up everything (drums and audio tracks), then you can create a 2-track master and export it to a WAV file. Then you can load that WAV file into Audacity or some other DAW and use its "Change Tempo" effect to change the tempo of the whole song without changing the pitch. However, this may have an undesirable effect on the sound quality. It works best for small changes in tempo and is better at speeding up the tempo than it is at slowing it down.

Tip: A fast way to move between steps of an arrangement is with the FF and REW buttons. FF takes you to the next step and REW takes you to the previous step. What makes this especially fast is that the cursor can stay on whichever parameter you want to change. So if you put the cursor on the tempo parameter then FF from step to step, you can quickly change the tempo of each step in the arrangement.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website