Free Mellotron VST plug-in

Started by 64Guitars, May 06, 2011, 12:58:24 PM

64Guitars

I was reading about this on the Sonic State website and I thought some of you might be interested. It might come in handy for PsychFest.

http://sites.google.com/site/artifakelabs/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

The Redtron Mellotron VSTi is really nice - probably the best free Mellotron out there. Get yours before they start charging for it!  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

cuthbert

It's a virtual Mellotron that runs in any VST instrument host (eg, Cubase or the shareware minihost app for Windows) and can be played via MIDI. The Mellotron was one of the first sample playback systems, but used magnetic tape rather than RAM to play back the sounds. A famous example is the beginning of 'Strawberry Fields Forever', which features Mellotron flute.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Speed Demon

Thanks for this tip, guys. I'm always looking for nice plugins for Audition.
Can't wait to try this puppy out.

Gene

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

phantasm777

can someone explain to me about certain vst plugins like this, where they make mellotron or other instruments sounds, i use vst on audacity and know how to use those to add on to a track, but this mellotron vst, once i get it in audacity, what then? i havent a clue, do i make a track and then click on the mellotron vst to change the track sound? and the same for like a violin or other instrument vsts, once installed in audacity, what then, do i use them like any other audacity vst and "colr" my specific track with it as if it were an effects pedal? ive been wanting to try mellotron vst and other instrument vst sounds, but haven't picked up enough on it to know just what you do after you put it in audacity as a vst plug in.

cuthbert

I believe Audacity supports only VST effects, and not VST instruments such as the Redtron Mellotron VSTi - which require an app that offers MIDI support and a VSTi host built-in.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

thouston

Thanks for the link, it really does sound good. I have a M-Audio (Avid) Axiom 25 http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Axiom25New.html that I use for soft-synths.
Tony Houston

T.C. Elliott

And three years later I'm grabbing it. Not sure I need it, but...

Thanks for the link.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London