Analogue Delay Pedal

Started by ODH, February 22, 2011, 08:03:06 AM

ODH

I've got a part in a song I'm working up which needs a true analogue delay, morphing, degenerating and feeding back.  Digital is wrong for it.

I thought it would be easy to pick up an old BOSS analogue pedal (the sort I used to use back in the eighties) dead cheap - they're chaning hands upwards of £150!

Point is, anyone able to point me at a good cheap analogue pedal (I don't do vst plug-ins)?  I've seen a few that claim to be analogue but are actually analogue-modelled digital (they may be alright?).
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

ODH

Quote from: Geir on February 24, 2011, 04:50:55 PMI had this one back in the days. Hate myself for selling it !!!

I know. When I was in bands in the 80's, there were always BOSS analogue delays knocking about, they seemed really crappy compared to the new digital ones coming out.  Happy days...

ODH

I've gone ahead and ordered a Biyang AD10 pedal, based on some youtube clips.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003UPRIBQ/ref=oss_product
It looks like analogue from the description, but I have seen some discussions that it's analogue-modelling digital.

Hey-ho, it's cheap and looks nice.  How bad can it be?

Geir

looks kinda cool in a femi kinda way ;D ;D ;D

give us a review when you get it will ya?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

I like the look of that. The retro 'Time Machine' lettering especially...

ODH

That's what I thought.  Has a Scooby Do feel.  Who cares what it sounds like?

Greeny

Looks like it comes from an episode of The Banana Splits! (which I think is a postive... lol).

ODH

AD-10 Analogue Delay
Time:
0:00
Volume:
So the postman knocked me up this morning, but I didn't mind because he had a small box in a jiffy bag for me.  It was my AD-10 pedal.  And tonight I've been playing with it, and I have to say I'm very happy with it.  I've made a tape of a variety of the sorts of sounds coming off it.  Just my guitar and the pedal, recorded straight into the Zoom.

It has that analogue sound, where the retorts are not quite the same as the preceding, which I like.  And it will feedback into distortion, which I also wanted.

Have a listen...

Geir

sounds really good  ......

I'll go bang my head against the wall for selling my Ibanez analog dely now !!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........