Frequent Flyer (Blues)

Started by Donna D, December 17, 2010, 12:52:30 PM

chip withrow

Yeah! "Can't do nothing bout my charm" - great line!
A Clapton feel to the playing (especially the tight solo) and singing. And funny, too, with swagger - like one of my blues faves Albert Collins. Good, good stuff.

Gu Djin

Got the EC connection straightaway and the Albert Collins.

King Bee, has that vibe, which has to be a good thing.

Good one
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Ferryman

Brilliant blues here and I really like the lyrics Donna. The frequent flyer metaphor is very effective in a blues song like this, neat trick.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hi Donna, where on earth do you keep finding these great singers and players. They are the perfect vehicle for your lyrics which are first class as always............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Nelson

Another brilliant offering Donna.
Very effective metaphor and just flat out fun lyrics.
Three cheers to the musicians and vocalist.
Great job by all involved.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

tom r

bloomin groovy guitar playing man

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

des0free

Modern reinvention of blues lyrics!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

There should be more blues here!

Not that I'm a biiiig blues fan, but I do like a nice blues tune every now and then. And I do have a couple of blues albums myself.

Anyway, a very nice song again, Donna. You write good lyrics, and that's why you easily find so many great musicians (of all styles) to work with you. I'm glad you share the results with us.

Regards,
  Steffen

Donna D

Gosh, I neglected to respond and thank so many of you for your kind comments.  :)
(In the meantime, I've uploaded a new mix with a couple of glitches ironed out.)

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.