'Mystery & Melancholy of a Street' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, March 24, 2011, 03:05:16 AM

Greeny

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

[soundclick]9692853[/soundclick]

Something a bit different (to my ears, anyway). Kind of a miserable pyschedelic soundtrack, lol. It's inspired by one of my favourite paintings - Giorgio de Chirico's 'Mystery and Melancholy of a Street'. So, not a book or film to qualify for FaBfest  :D

Greeny

p.s. it's downloadable at alonetone (was too big to put on here...).

Oldrottenhead

loving it at times the music reminds me of some classic sixties british tv shows, like man in a suitcase or randall and hopkirk deceased for some reason bloody magic, we should have a painting or artfest next time.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

This is an amazing track Greeny!

You Have perfectly rendered this painting through sound!
If I had never seen the painting before, your track would have let me know exactly what it looked like. In fact It goes beyond the painting and puts the listener in he shoes of Mr Green as he walks down that strange street!

Awesome Mr Green!

Perfect!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Sundbo

I am impressed by your creativity. A true songcrafter and artist.

Mach

Man this has a nice haunting feel and awesome Bass line. The music definitely fits the painting. That guitar on the left has a eerie sorrowfulness vibe...chilling at times. Nice Work!

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hi Tim, as Sundbo says Songcrafting at its best. The music fits the solemnity of the picture perfectly and the playing, vox and production is top class...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Kenneth

Tim, I been listening to your music offline recently, they have a comfort to them, gives me a good feeling.
This is different a bit, but very enjoyable, love the chord changes, and the vox is , as usual, quite stunning, pro sounding.
 I can hear your voice on the radio airwaves- easily.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

stoman

It may be different to your ears, but to mine it is clearly and undeniably Tim Green - somewhere between the Beatles and modern brit rock, but definitely with you very own handwriting.

Solid as always.

Regards,
  Steffen