Recent posts

Cover Songs / Re: On An Island , David Guilm...
Last post by StephenM - Today at 01:16:44 PM
Quote from: the physics teacher on Today at 11:34:24 AMListened to it again and found out thst the two guitar solos are sublime.

Oh by the way, I never get physical when I teach Physics😉

I am laughing... this was funny
Cover Songs / Re: On An Island , David Guilm...
Last post by StephenM - Today at 01:15:43 PM
ce solo à 14h00 est exquis.

that solo at 2:00 is exquisite.
Original Songs / Re: I'll See You On The Other ...
Last post by StephenM - Today at 12:51:49 PM
those drums are really setting the primitive pulse that you can bring your musical instincts too... you really know how to get drum tracks that can speak your soul!  Awesome Mike.

this track is above your usual greatness... how is that possible?  man I am absolutely shaking my head at how great this is. 
Original Songs / Re: Lesser Man a Pipes + Chapp...
Last post by StephenM - Today at 12:47:00 PM
gee... this is amazing!  David Bowie is raised from the dead for certain parts of this... but this shows just how amazing and versatile Nick's vocals can be... I think the whole thing wreaks of superb talent.... this is not something though to be captured by the masses...NO... this is an acquired taste of only certain kinds of musical tasted... kind of like very very expensive bottles of wine.  A price of 2000 dollars a bottle is required, deserved, and then some.  The uncultured cannot see the value and ask for a sample at which the barkeep says "that will be 50 dollars please".... at which they turn and run.

however the cultured pony up and say... I will pay you 3000 for the bottle.

the drink never ends...
Original Songs / Elevating and Levitating (Inst...
Last post by StephenM - Today at 12:35:38 PM
parts of 6 guitar tracks.  that glorious Shecter C-1 with the EMG pick ups.  It is just such a hotty...I can't pick up anything else other than my acoustic.  this one is alot of clean stuff... the guitar is versatile... when I first played one at Guitar Center a few years ago I thought this guitar was really more geared toward stuff like this..

I was surprised though when I first got this and brought it home.  It can get into some very heavy places too... and I have been exclusively playing it through the effects on the Zoom R-24. 

I was playing this to a 140 bpm 3/4 metronome...

Shecter bass also through the Zoom R-24

Tama Imperialstar drums

recorded and mix apart from lead guitars on the Zoom L-20.  the rest of the mix was Audacity and mastered with ARTG mastering and Masterdesk True Peak

I also finished another song today that is much more like metal than this.... but I am posting this first as it was done before.
Original Songs / Re: "Time marches on" a Jemima...
Last post by Oldrottenhead - Today at 11:57:50 AM
Bump. We need to do more songs guys.
Original Songs / Re: The quiet man
Last post by BerryPatch - Today at 11:50:24 AM
Sweet track Kenny! Cool Ska feel here and great set of lyrics. Powerful vocal!
Original Songs / Re: Act Like a Maniac
Last post by BerryPatch - Today at 11:47:47 AM
Another great one Ron! Thunderous groove and some killer guitar work with some classic, rockin' vocals on top.
Original Songs / Re: Please Don't Go - a Tworeg...
Last post by BerryPatch - Today at 11:44:19 AM
Awesome track! Wicked vocals from Trevor and the music is super tight, I really dig how it changes in the middle and ups the intensity. Great job!
Original Songs / Lesser Man a Pipes + Chapperz ...
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 11:37:33 AM
About 6 years ago I produced an instrumental version of this piece.  Nick recently suggested we could do a new vocal version. I didn't take much convincing  :) .  I  completely remixed it, took out some of my guitar widdling, added in Nick's unique vocal and we are both really pleased with the result. 

At about 3.5 minutes it is one of our shortest songs.  That can't be a bad thing.

I'm not sure how to define it but who needs labels?

If you are sufficiently interested you can hear a wav version here:

https://soundcloud.com/paul-chapman-24/lesser-man?si=b8e853e017d84042be159f5394ea82ad&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing