Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Triangles (Revenge Of The ...
Last post by Ted - Today at 02:39:22 PM
Pythagoras and paparazzi go together better than you may realize. Pythagoras was a celebrity, with a cult of personality.

This song is like a storm with shifting winds, and periods of relative calm interrupted by sudden bursts of thunder rattling the entire house. Those fuzzy guitar tones are Frippian.
Original Songs / Re: Never Stop Loving You
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 02:31:13 PM
Refreshing simplistic structure.  Pleasant 60s vibe.  I enjoyed it.

:) John B
Original Songs / Re: Positivity-Original
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 02:30:04 PM
Quote from: des0free on Yesterday at 08:49:19 PMHey JB, I enjoyed this, I think it is one of your best. The piano composition and playing is top notch, and I like how the song transitions to being more upbeat right before the vocals start. Pleasing lyrics too! The flute sections are also really cool. Great ending!  Leaves me in a good mood! 
Thank you, Des!
 :) John B
Original Songs / Re: Why Don't it Rain on You?
Last post by ODH - Today at 12:52:39 PM
Sounds so much like a live performance, in my head I'm transported to a smokey pub in the nineties.

Great trip, I dig.
Original Songs / Re: Never Stop Loving You
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 11:36:35 AM
Quote from: des0free on Yesterday at 11:21:35 PMThis is a total redo of a song previously called "Made up my mind", with changed instrumentation, increased tempo, more natural singing, and added backing vocals

So you really didn't make up your mind then? :D

This sounds like a great 60s influenced pop song. With expansive sound and hugely enjoyable vocals. The guitars are nice and the recording is clean and clear. Those backing vocal ideas work a treat.

What really makes this song work is the performer. This might work for the Troggs, but it wouldn't work for everybody.

Hearing a song like this is hard to imagine your wife giving you trouble buying more gear. I mean i could understand it better if you were into buying Ford Mustang(s), but musical gear... No.

Maybe if you made up your mind more often it could help?
( :) )

Good one Des!
Original Songs / Re: Leap Of Faith by BerryPatc...
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 11:33:19 AM
The guy who plays quality instruments and writes good songs. If that was all i could just about handle it. But to make them sound so good is wrong.

Think of this guy for a minute? If we weren't living at this day and age this guy would be a star. Not the twinkly kind of thing on the sky, but the kind that gets "trousers" thrown at him.

If that wasn't all. Think about the amount of trousers Mr. Bluesberry would have then. So is it at all ok to accept this travesty? I don't think Berrypatch is the one to blame because he's taking the leap of faith here. Doing the thing. It's the world that's gone all wrong not recognizing the talent at hand.

There's so much amazing stuff happening in this song that i don't even want to comment the specifics. Rest assured that the song is hugely appreciated. Great song!
Original Songs / Re: White Girl In White
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 11:29:18 AM
The song begins with acoustic guitar playing that would make Gordon Giltrap reach for his notes. The way the mood is built with layered instrumentation and carefully crafted melodies makes for a great listen.

I always approach Rays songs with a certain uncertainty because i've already run out of superlatives and i don't feel it would be appropriate to talk about Crocodile Dundee in this context.

5/5.
Original Songs / Re: Wake up while you can
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 11:25:23 AM
There's no waking up anymore. I've been woken up by my dogs every night after sleeping for just a few hours. That's dogs life!

I was going on a tangent and then something caught my ear. This song is really good. It's a bit rough in the edges, but damn if that isn't classic rock with an ageless bent then nothing is. Your vocals are honest and down to the point. Kinda making me envious. The rhythm guitar is right on the money.

I didn't even notice the organ until Mr. Farrell nicely pointed it out in his commentary. So you DID in fact have musical help. The same applies to the rest of the backing track. The way you've arranged the song makes it play at a nice clip. There's no dead air hanging around this song. It hits the spot.

Karl, you did great!
Original Songs / Re: Two Chord Blues (Hilary)
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 11:21:48 AM
Funnily you were waiting for the two chord fest. I was waiting for the one chord fest!

No kidding. I tried to do something with two chords, but as soon as i got something going i wasn't sure how many i had used. And how strict are the rules anyhow? If you play those two chords is your time already up? If you're playing them again... That's double the amount :)

This was fun and sweet. Short and clever. Hopefully we'll be hearing more songs from you soon. You could pair that poetry with songs and use the paintings as album covers. Soon you'd have a three chord blues going.
Original Songs / Re: Why Don't it Rain on You?
Last post by Zoltan - Today at 10:54:15 AM
Another uplifting rocker from the good 'ol Ron!

Why don't it rain on you? Why don't you get all the cold we're having here! Take that. Was also a band. Although i doubt Ron listened to them that much.

So what cooking? Lots of things. That trademark Ron voice. Banging drums. Jangling overdriven guitars. Spiky guitar leads. Coming from out of nowhere and hitting you in the face when you least expect. On a first listen the lyrics become part of the groove. It's such a toetapper that one needs to pause it and reach for thesaurus to get the lyrics in.

Some of the snare drum fills were a tad heavy handed and kinda lost the plot. The same could be said of the sampled (?) drum beats later on the song where it feels like it goes all wonky. Don't get me wrong it's still a good one, but there's something happening, or maybe the coffee i drank was harder than i thought?

Stranger things have happened. Up to season 2. The third one is coming this year. Hooray and hootenannies for you!