Main Menu

Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Hamster Wheel
Last post by BerryPatch - Today at 03:40:58 PM
Brilliant use of space in this song like JP said, the use of dry/reverby vocals is very effective. Sweet use of feedbacking guitars too!
Original Songs / Re: Follow the Money (The Dev...
Last post by BerryPatch - Today at 03:37:53 PM
Wicked track guys! I love the chunky guitar and the great slow burn of this song. Very cool vocals as well
Gear Lust / Re: New Guitar - Taylor nylon
Last post by ODH - Today at 03:30:08 PM
Gorgeous looking guitar. I'm for ever wanting a nylon guitar (thinking it will be like a guitar version of the ukulele), I love the look of it.

Also my acoustic is black.
General Discussion / Re: New pup
Last post by TPB - Today at 02:33:02 PM
Bloody I live with two females in the house and my mother law and wife sister in the other house in my driveway there are enough solar powered lights in the back to land a aircraft you name it flowers rope lights under lighting on all the trees it does look nice at night but I will not tell them that lol
Tim
Original Songs / Re: The flea circus
Last post by funkyaxe - Today at 02:07:57 PM
Hoping this mix is a better. It's a another of my odd ones which seem to write themselves. It's since moved on to another song but here's the original rather odd version.

Original Songs / Re: Revenge Of The Bee's
Last post by StephenM - Today at 12:10:31 PM
Quote from: Blooby on Today at 07:13:36 AM
Quote from: StephenM on April 25, 2024, 05:39:27 PMI have a war against certain kinds of bad buzzing bugs.

Hopefully, this will expand into your prog opus as I feel there are chapters to come...perhaps involving a wedding of flying insects or of humans...or of the union between a human and flying insect.

I dig the wall of sound heaviness of this. A very cool post.

I request the lyrics as I had some trouble discerning them all.

Blooby

I will post them soon... sorry about that and thanks for the comments....

also a warning.... I have seen Queensryche and Judas Priest in the last 2 weeks.... now there is a war of prog metal in my head.
General Discussion / Re: New pup
Last post by cuthbert - Today at 10:42:35 AM
Beautiful pup, Tim - I've always liked German Shepherds. Pets are family.
Original Songs / New version! Screwed - Jazzshe...
Last post by ODH - Today at 10:40:08 AM
After posting this I felt it was a bit rushed, and I've been tinkering with it ever since.

In particular, I wanted the ending to last longer. I also added more piano content, changed the bass sound and some of the patterns and improved the levels.

Thanks for listening.
Original Songs / Re: Positivity-Original
Last post by Blooby - Today at 08:04:36 AM
Quote from: Johnbee on May 08, 2024, 06:46:09 PMThanks to all who listened and commented.  I really love when people comment. :-*

As to your question, Blooby-In one of his videos Joe recommended using delay instead of reverb and he suggested a particular setting.  He was right.  Reverb can actually muddy up a vocal. Using slight and subtle delay produces a much more pleasing vocal sound, at least to my ears.  Another tip I tried (not necessarily from Joe but from various tips over the years) is backing off from the mic.  I used to close in about 3 inches.  Now I've backed off to 5 or 6 and I started monitoring using the can on just the left ear, keeping the right ear off.  The pros do it that way and it produces a better result when you can hear your voice acoustically in one ear while electronically in the other.  I don't know why I never tried this before.  As I said, I've known for years that this is how the pros do this.  Now I know why.

:) John B

Thank you for the response. I have stumbled on the first few tips through the years, but as for the last, I will pass that along to John. It's nice to keep learning.

Blooby

Original Songs / Re: Things They Could Not Chan...
Last post by Blooby - Today at 08:00:29 AM

Powerful tune. Impeccably put together as per your usual. I don't think of melancholy when I think of your voice, but I find your voice especially perfect for this tune.

Tasty solo, perfect for the song.

Blooby