Main Menu

Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: The quiet man
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 09:28:00 AM
Great song Kenny.  Driving bass and kick so powerful, and the almost Mariachi brass is just perfect.  Vocal delivery is perfect and the signature Kenny lead marvellous!

Love it.
Original Songs / Re: Wised-Up.
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 09:20:52 AM
Fine song Steve.  Nothing wronng with a sneaky chord rearing its head- even if it does miss the brief!

Paul
Gear Lust / Re: New Guitar - Taylor nylon
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 09:08:45 AM
Quote from: Farrell Jackson on May 11, 2024, 02:55:53 PMI think there's a finger smudge on that black finish, lol! Black finishes are gorgeous but they do show all the smudges in the right light. I have a Black Takamine (steel string) and I'm constantly polishing it. That is a great looking Taylor (both of them) Paul. Does it have a flat fretboard? I look forward to hearing it in a song!

It does show every finger print - which is not good as I have a poor tendency to rest my right hand little finger on the body.  Terrible habit I know!  The finger board is fairly flat but maybe a slight radius.  25.5 scale length.
Original Songs / Wised-Up.
Last post by SteveB - Today at 08:20:38 AM
Orig was gonna be for the 2-Chord Fest, but a sneaky 3rd got in there somewhere. Basically palm-muting G Maj and an E-something to death, and then desperate stabs at the fretboard for noodling purposes. A tambourine also suffered a lot throughout. The lyric (as such), represents disillusionment.

ETA: Assembled in Cakewalk using a HB faux-Hummingbird and well-worn tamb.

Original Songs / Re: Fading Away
Last post by Ted - Today at 05:48:25 AM
The backer to this reminds me of some of ORH's lush accompaniment. Even knowing it was you, and knowing it is an instrumental, I was expecting that voice we know so well to arrive.

Really lovely playing. I'm having a difficult relationship with the internet today in Madagascar. I had to download it; it wouldn't buffer in the Songcrafters player. So this might be the only new SC song I can enjoy today. How lucky for me that it's so Songcraftery, and so sublime.
I'm posting this link as I thought everyone would know this song. However I was visiting Flash Harry at the weekend and played this for him and I was shocked he didn't know it. He was blown away by it tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg
General Discussion / Re: What are you listening to ...
Last post by Ted - Today at 12:14:48 AM
If I were 25 years younger, Elle Cordova would easily replace Jodi Foster as my entertainer crush – although likely with the same "not into guys" problem.

Original Songs / Re: The Factory
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 06:52:43 PM
Damn... ur on fire.  Maybe its the kiln.
Cover Songs / Re: "This is What you Are" by ...
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 04:43:47 PM
Absolutely glorious...
Original Songs / Re: Never Stop Loving You
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 04:39:07 PM
The intro defies what is about to transpire.
I think I'm heading toward a Fleetwood Mac ballad and then wham I hear that same sensational artist that struck me right between the eyes with "Why Oh Why"!
I am hooked yet again...this time standing in the airport lounge at Syracuse finding out my flight was delayed 5 hours. So two beers in this is especially delightful but also a real challenge to behave myself as I want to spin and twirl.. spin and twirl.  Gotta be the 8th listen and its great everytime..
I love SC!  Theres some fantastic music here..
Super recording and all your vocals are great!